|Father||Joseph S Sackett (1715/16-1798)|
|Mother||Sarah Vansant (1726-1796)|
Joseph served as a soldier in the American Revolutionary War.2
In 1790 Joseph was living in Bucks County, PennsylvaniaG. In his household were one man, two boys, and two females.4
Joseph was named as a beneficiary in his father's will made in Wrightstown, Bucks County, PennsylvaniaG, on 21 October 1793.5
In 1798 Joseph was taxed on his house and land in WrightstownG. His dwelling house stood on a one-acre plot and was valued at $700. He owned 168 acres of land, valued at $3,360, on which he paid tax of $6.38. He also owned a house valued at $150 and occupied by Anthony Limehouse.6,7,8
Joseph was listed in the 1800 census as a householder in New Britain, Bucks County, PennsylvaniaG.9
In 1820 he was a householder in Wrightstown, Bucks CountyG.10
Joseph's widow Eleanor left a will which was proved in Bucks CountyG on 3 April 1855 by her son Abraham. Her estate was valued at $1,328.11
"In / memory of / Joseph Sackett / who departed this life / November 24th 1822 / In the 61st year / of his age"
"In / Memory of / Eleanor, / widow of / Joseph Sackett, / who departed this life / March 25th 1855 / In the 91st year of / her age"
[Src: Rick Hearn]
Children of Joseph Sackett and Eleanor LaRue
Notes & Citations
- Date of birth based on age at death.
- "Pennsylvania, Veterans Burial Cards, 1777–1999", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Bucks County. Sackett, Joseph, [b. blank], d. 24 Nov 1822, veteran of Revolutionary War, soldier, Presbyterian Cemetery, Newtown, Pa, 8th row rear church, marble headstone, info from Wm H Murphy, 26 Aug 1932."
- Website Find A Grave.
- 1790 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Joseph Sackett. Bucks, PA. 1 white male (16+), 2 white males under 16, and 2 white females.
- Will of Joseph Sackett of Wrightstown Township, Bucks County, Pennsylvania, 21 October 1793, proved, 27 March 1798 (Probate file 02837) (Bucks County, Pennsylvania, Abstracts of Wills, 1785-1825),
"Joseph Sackett, Wrightstown Twp., yeoman, 'far advanced in age.' October 21, 1793. Codicil November 1, 1794. Proved March 27, 1798.
Wife Sarah. Son Joseph, son-in-law Simon Bennitt and son-in-law Joshua Dungan, son of Joseph, exrs. Sons Simon and Joseph. Daus., Clauche, Rachel, Sarah, Elizabeth, Rebecca. Gddau. Mary Kinsey, 'Goods lent to Dau. Patience, and in possession of her father John Kinsey.' Land purchased of Joseph Wilkinson and John Watson. Do. adj. Garret Vansant and Samuel Kirk.
Wits: Isaac Chapman, Thomas Chapman, Sarah Chapman."
- "Pennsylvania, U.S. Direct Tax Lists, 1798", digital image, Ancestry.com, Wrightstown, Bucks County, PA, "Sackett, Jos, owner & occupant, 1 dwelling house, 1 outhouse, 1 acre, value $700."
- "Pennsylvania, U.S. Direct Tax Lists, 1798", digital image, Ancestry.com, Wrightstown, Bucks County, PA, "Sackett, Joseph, owner & occupant, 168 acres, value $3,360, tax $6.38."
- "Pennsylvania, U.S. Direct Tax Lists, 1798", digital image, Ancestry.com, Wrightstown, Bucks County, PA, "Sacketts, Joseph, owner, Anthony Limehouse, occupant, 1 dwelling house, value $150, tax 30 cents."
- 1800 US census, database, American Ancestors, "Joseph Sackett, New Britain, Bucks County, Pennsylvania."
- 1820 US census, database, American Ancestors, "Joseph Sacket, Wrightstown, Bucks County, Pennsylvania."
- "Pennsylvania, Wills and Probate Records, 1683–1993", digital image, Ancestry.com, Bucks Register, abstract, "Will of Eleanor Sackett late of Buckingham, probate 3 Apr 1855 to executors John Gray and Abraham Sackett. Inventory: debits $1667.60, credits $339.28, balance for distribution $1328.32. Settlement 1 Aug 1856."
|See also||Thurmon King's Database, 14798|
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
|Sackett line||5th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||6 Sep 2021|