Carson Hobart Sackett1
|Father||Hobart B Sackett2 (1826-1897)|
In 1860 Carson was living in New HavenG in the household of his father Hobart, and was recorded in the census as Carson Sackett, aged eight and born in Connecticut.5
In 1870 he was living in New HavenG in the household of his father Hobart and stepmother Maggie, and was recorded as Carson Sackett, aged 19.6
Carson was listed in the New Haven City Directories of 1873/74 and 1874/75 as a basket maker, living at 54 Sylvan Avenuue, New HavenG; in 1875/76 he was a "lather" (presumably fitting wall and ceiling laths for plastering), with rooms at 91 Crown; in 1878 he was a painter, at 67 Kimberley Avenue.7
In 1880 he was living in Huntington, Fairfield County, ConnecticutG, and was recorded as Carson Sackett, a laborer, 28 and single. He was a boarder in the household of John and Lucy Harger.8 He was listed in 1891 living at 40 Cedar Hill Avenue, in 1892 at 312 Grand Avenue, and in 1893 and 1894 at 238 Blatchley Avenue. In 1897 he was again described as a lather, living at 26 Main Street.7
In 1900 Carson's widow Anna was living at Mill Street, Hudson, Columbia County, New York StateG, and was recorded in the census as Annie Sackett, a laundress, head of household, a widow. She had given birth to eight children of whom the only survivor was her son Robert, aged three, who was living with her.9
In 1910 she was living at Ronnade Hill, HudsonG, in the household of her thiird husband George Vedder, and was recorded as Anna Vedder, aged 53. Her son Robert Sackett, aged 14, was living with them.10
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, not recorded.
- Email from John Meacher to Sackett List, 19 September 2004.
- Website Find A Grave.
- 1860 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Roll M653_86, p. 215, image 217, FHL film 803086
New Haven Ward 2, New Haven County, Connecticut
Hobart Sackett, 34, livery keeper, real est. $3,000, personal est. $1,000, b. CT
Lois Sackett, 60, b. CT
Ann E Gorham, 40, b. CT
Butler Sackett, 66, b. CT
Carson Sackett, 8, b. CT.
- 1870 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Roll M593_109, p. 149A, image 301, FHL Film 545608
2nd Ward, New Haven, New Haven, Connecticut
Sackett, Hobart B, 44, retrd livery keeper, real estate $25,000, personal estate $5,000, b. CT
Sackett, Maggie, 21, keeping house, b. NY
Sackett, Carson, 19, at home, b. CT
Gorham, Ann E, 50, at home, b. CT.
- "US City Directories, 1822-1995", digital image, Ancestry.com, New Haven City Directory, 1873/74, 1874/75, "Sackett C. Hobart, basket maker, bds 54 Sylvan av."; 1875/76, "Sackett Carson, lather, rooms (20) 91 Crown."; 1878, p. 212; "Sackett, Carson H., painter, h 67 Kimberley ave."; 1891, "Sackett, Carson, bds 40 Cedar Hill av."; 1892, "Sackett, Carson, h 312 Grand av."; 1893, 1894, "Sackett, Carson, h 238 Blatchley av."; 1897, "Sackett Carson, lather, h 26 Main."
- 1880 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Roll: 95; Page: 367C; Enumeration District: 124
Huntington, Fairfield, Connecticut, 25 Jun 1880
Sackett, Carson, 28, boarder, single, laborer, b. CT, father b. CT, mother b. CT
[In household of John & Lucy Harger].
- 1900 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Page: 18; Enumeration District: 0019
Mill Street, Hudson, Columbia County, New York, 13/14 Jun 1900
Sackett, Annie, head, b. Sep 1857, 42, wid, 8 ch, 1 living, b. NY, father b. ny, mother b. NY, laundress
Sackett, Robert, son, b. Mar 1897, 3, b. CT, father b. NY, mother b. NY.
- 1910 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Roll: T624_933; Page: 2B; Enumeration District: 0018; FHL microfilm: 1374946
Ronnade Hill, Hudson, Columbia County, New York, 18 Apr 1910
Vedder, George, head, 64, m2. 10y, b. Germany father b. Germany, mother b. Germany, immigrated 1880, naturalized, mill hand, knitting mill, home rented
Vedder, Anna, wife, 53, m3. 10y, 9 ch, 2 living, b. NY, father b. NY, mother b. NY
Sackett, Robert E, stepson, 14, b. CT, father b. CT, mother b. NY.
|Last Edited||28 Apr 2019|