Sidney Frank Sackett
|Father||George Sackett (1852-1902)|
|Mother||Louisa Else (c 1853-1926)|
In 1901 Sidney was living at 3 Dartford Villas, Birchington, KentG, and was recorded in the census as Sidney F Sackett, aged eight and born in Faversham, son of George Sackett.9
In 1911 he was living at 3 Perfects Cottages, BirchingtonG, in the household of his widowed mother Louisa, and was recorded as Sydney Sackett, a house boy (domestic), aged 18 and born in Faversham.10
Sidney served in the British Army during the First World War as a Private in the East Kent Regiment. He was awarded the Victory Medal and the British Medal in recognition of active service overseas. He served in France from August 1915 and was awarded the 1915 Star.11,12
At the outbreak of the Second World War in September 1939, Sidney and Alice were living at Sutton Street, Bearsted, Maidstone Rural District, KentG. Sidney was incapacitated; Alice was a daily worker.13
|Sackett line||8th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Mar qtr 1893. Sackett, Sidney Frank. Mother: Else. Faversham. 2a:882."
- 1939 Register.
- Baptisms Register, St Mary of Charity, Faversham, Kent, digital image, Findmypast, "24 Mar 1893 Sidney Frank Sackett, son of George & Louisa, 34 Tanner St, plasterer."
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Jun qtr 1942. Sackett, Sidney, 49. Maidstone."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Mar qtr 1925. Sackett, Sidney F. Spouse: Filmer. Hollingbourn. 2a:1295."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Mar qtr 1925. Filmer, Alice J. Spouse: Sackett. Hollingbourn. 2a:1295."
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Mar qtr 1898. Filmer, Alice Jane. Mother: Apps. Hollingbourn. 2a:792."
- "England & Wales deaths 1837–2006", database, Findmypast, "Mar qtr 1968. Sackett, Alice J, 70. Maidstone. 5F:722."
- 1901 Census for England & Wales, 819/105
3 Dartford Villas
George Sackett, head, married, 49, plasterer, worker, b. Margate, Kent
Louisa Sackett, wife, 48, b. Plurkley, Kent
Fredk G T Sackett, son, single, 23, plasterer, worker, b. Faversham, Kent
Stephen E Sackett, son, single, 17, apprentice to plumber, worker, b. Faversham
Lewis H Sackett, son, 15, telegraph messenger, worker, b. Faversham
Ernest Sackett, son, 13, plasterer's apprentice, worker, b. Faversham
Kate A Sackett, dau, 12, b. Faversham
Sidney F Sackett, son, 8, b. Faversham
Edmond H Sackett, son, 5, b. Faversham.
- 1911 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, 3 Perfects Cottages, Birchington, Kent
Louisa Sackett, head, 59, widow, parochial relief, b. Pluckley, Kent
Lillian Martha Sackett, dau, 30, single, b. Faversham, Kent
Louis Sackett, son, 25, married, (invalid), b. Faversham, Kent
Ernest Sackett, son, 23, single, milkman, worker, b. Faversham, Kent
Kate Sackett, dau, 22, single, domestic servant, b. Faversham, Kent
Sydney Sackett, son, 18, single, house boy (domestic), b. Faversham, Kent
Edmund Sackett, son, 15, errand boy greengrocer, b. Faversham, Kent
Alice Elmer, gdau, 13, school, b. Battersea, London.
- "Britain, Campaign, Gallantry & Long Service Medals & Awards", database, Findmypast.
- "British Army Medal Index Cards, 1914-1920", digital image, The National Archives, "Sackett, S F, Private, East Kent Regiment, service nos. G/5323, 271062, Victory Medal, British Medal, 1915 Star, Theatre of War France entry 8 Aug 1915. WO372/17."
- "1939 Register", UK, digital image, Findmypast, Sackett household, Sutton Street, Bearsted, Maidstone R D, Kent: RG101/1866F/002/27, Sidney F Sackett, b. 31 Dec 1893, married, incapacitated; RG101/1866F/002/28, Alice J Sackett, b. 3 Jan 1898, married, daily worker & unpaid house duties; Edmund F Moon, b. 1880, single, road sweeper (incapacitated).
|Last Edited||26 June 2020|