|Father||Calvin Pardee Sackett (1783-1853)|
|Mother||Hannah Douglass (1785-)|
George Holcomb, the Stephentown diarist, recorded on 25 November 1841 that Daniel, the son of Calvin P Sackett, "stayed with us", presumably meaning that he lodged with the Holcombs, although he may have meant that Daniel was remaining in Stephentown, his parents having moved to Canaan a few months earlier.5
In 1880 Daniel was living in Manitowoc, Manitowoc County, WisconsinG, and was recorded in the census as Daniel Sackett, a machine agent, head of household, married, aged 56, and born in New York. Living with him were his wife, Rhoda, 45, daughters, Cora, 20, and Maude, 8, and a 17-year-old female servant.6
Child of Daniel Sackett and Harriet S Hart
- Agnes Sackett b. 1848
Children of Daniel Sackett and Rhoda S Squires
|Sackett line||2nd great-grandson of Capt Richard Sackett of New York|
|Appears in||Sackett snippets|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "4263. Daniel Sackett, m. Harriet S. Hall. [On p 369 Harriet's surname is given as Hart]"
- Oramel A Sackett, Family Bible Records, birth, "Daniel Sackett Jun 18, 1823."
- Oramel A Sackett, Family Bible Records, "Daniel Sackett to Harriet Hart, June 4, 1845."
- Oramel A Sackett, Family Bible Records, "Daniel Sackett to Rhoda Squire, Apr. 18, 1853."
- Website Rensselaer County, NY, USGenWeb Project, Diary of George Holcomb of Stephentown (George Holcomb) (http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~nyrensse/), 25 Nov 1841. "Daniel Sackett stayed with us. He is son of Calvin P. Sackett."
- 1880 US census, database, LDS, FamilySearch, FHL 1255434 NA T9-1434/158A
Manitowoc, Manitowoc, Wisconsin
Daniel Sackett, head, married, 56, b. NY, machine agent, father b. NY, mother b. NY
Rhoda Sackett, wife, 45, b. NY, keeping house, father b. VT, mother b. VT
Cora Sackett, dau, single, 20, b. WI, teacher, father b. NY, mother b. NY
Maude Sackett, dau, 8, b. WI, father b. NY, mother b. NY
Henriette Green, other, single, 17, b. WI, servant, father b. England, mother b. England.
|Last Edited||30 December 2018|