|Father||Thomas Sackett (1791-1860)|
|Mother||Martha Setterfield (c 1793-1861)|
In 1841 Elizabeth was living at King Street, St John, Margate, KentG, in the household of her parents Thomas and Martha, and was recorded in the census as Elizabeth Sackett, aged 11 and born in Kent.4
In 1851 she was living at King Street, St John's, Margate, KentG, in the household of her father Thomas Sackett, a carrier, and was recorded as Elizabeth Sackett, unmarried, aged 20, and born in Margate.5
|Sackett line||6th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
Notes & Citations
- Baptisms Register, St John the Baptist, Thanet, Kent, "5 April 1829 Elizabeth d. Thomas & Martha Sackett, Garlinge, carrier."
- Marriages Register, St John the Baptist, Margate, Kent (Parish Registers 1570-1650 (U3/140/1/1) (Debrett's); Tyler transcripts; IGI), "26 October 1851 Thomas William Castell, bachelor, full age, labourer, of Margate, father William Castell, mariner, & Elizabeth Sackett, spinster, full age, of Margate, father Thomas Sackett, carrier. Banns. Witnesses: Thomas Sackett, Elizabeth Castell."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Dec qtr 1851. Sackett, Elizabeth. Thanet."
- 1841 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, King Street, St John, Margate, Kent
Thos Sackett, 50, carrier, b. Kent
Matha Sackett, 42, b. Kent
Thos H Sackett, 15, b. Kent
George Sackett, 14, b. Kent
Elizth Sackett, 11, b. Kent
Eliza Sackett, 10, b. Kent
Edwd Sackett, 8, b. Kent
Catherine Sackett, 6, b. Kent
William Sackett, 5, b. Kent
Stephen Sackett, 2, b. Kent
Entries from Thos Sackett to Eliza Sackett: HO107; Piece 468; Book: 4; Civil Parish: St John The Baptist Margate; County: Kent; Enumeration District: 11; Folio: 25; Page: 10; Line: 20/25; GSU roll: 306863.
Entries from Edwd Sackett to Stephen Sackett: HO107; Piece 468; Book: 4; Civil Parish: St John The Baptist Margate; County: Kent; Enumeration District: 11; Folio: 27; Page: 12; Lines: 1/4; GSU roll: 306863.
[Note: The enumerator skipped a page in error with the result that Edward, Catherine, William, and Stephen Sackett's entries on the first four lines of page 12 (they should be on page 11) appear to place them wrongly in an unrelated Fagg family.]
- 1851 Census for England & Wales, King St., St. Johns, Margate, Kent
Thomas Sackett, head, married, 60, carrier, b. Kent, Margate
Martha Sackett, wife, 50, housewife, b. Kent, Minster
Elizabeth Sackett, dau, unmarried, 20, b. Kent, Margate
Edward Sackett, son, unmarried, 18, b. Kent, Margate
William Sackett, son, 14[?], b. Kent, Margate
Stephen Sackett, son, 12, b. Kent, Margate
Emma Sackett, dau, 6, b. Kent, Margate
|Last Edited||21 January 2009|