|Father||Rufus Sackett (1808-1875)|
|Mother||Frances Parsons (1809-1879)|
In 1850 Josephine was living in NorthamptonG in the household of her parents Rufus and Frances, and was recorded in the census as Josephine Sackett, aged six and born in Massachusetts.6
In 1870 she was living in SpringfieldG in the household of her husband Chester, 30, a railroad fireman, and was recorded as Josephine Loomis, aged 24. Living with them were their children, Howard, 7, and Ann, aged two.7
Josephine was named as a beneficiary in her father's will made in NorthamptonG.8
In 1920 she was living at Knoll Street, Boston, MassachusettsG, in the household of her widowed daughter Anna Hunt, and was recorded as Josephine A Dickinson, a widow, aged 73.9
Children of Josephine Sackett and Chester Loomis
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "3385. Josephine Sackett, b. in 1844; m. 1st, Chester Loomis."
- Vital Records, Northampton, Hampshire County, Massachusetts, v4, p234, birth, "Apr 26, 1844, daughter Sacket, at Northampton, d. Rufus Sacket & Frances Parsons, shoemaker, of Northampton."
- Vital Records, Springfield, Hampden County, Massachusetts, v144, p301, marriage, "Nov 5th 1861, Chester C Loomis, of Northampton, 23, Railroad man, b. Northampton, s. Curtis & Mary, first m., and Josaphine Sackett, of Northampton, 19, b. Northampton, d. Rufus Sackett, first m., married by D S Barrows, Clergyman."
- Website Find A Grave.
- Brother George's obituary.
- 1850 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Roll 320, p 101A
Northampton, Hampshire, Massachusetts, 7 Aug 1850
Sackett, Rufus, 41, shoemaker, real estate $800, b. MA
Sackett, Frances, 40, b. MA
Sackett, Rufus W, 19, clerk, b. MA
Sackett, Jerusha, 15, b. MA
Sackett, Louisa, 13, b. MA
Sackett, George, 10, b. MA
Sackett, Sarah A, 8, b. MA
Sackett, Josephine, 6, b. MA
Sackett, Frederic, 4, b. MA
Sackett, Ella M, 1/12, b. MA
Richardson, Kesiah, 24, b. MA
Parsons, Seth, 54, none, b. MA
[Illegible], Theodore, , 25, shoemaker, b. Canada.
- 1870 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Roll M593_618, p 139B, FHL film 552117
Springfield Ward 3, Hampden, Massachusetts, 8 Aug 1870
Loomis, Chester L, 30, rr fireman, personal estate $150, b. MA
Loomis, Josephine, 24, keeping house, b. MA
Loomis, Howard C, 7, at school, b. MA
Loomis, Ann P, 2, at home, b. MA.
- Website Vital Records of Northampton, Massachusetts (Corbin Collection) (New England Historic Genealogical Society),  Hampshire Co. Probate Box 343 No. 4, "Sacket, Rufus of Northampton, died Aug. 14 1875. Frederick A. Sackett, Administrator, a son. Widow – Frances. Other heirs: Rufus W. Sackett, Northampton; Louisa F. Day, daughter, Northampton, wife of Lewis Day; Alice J. Sackett, daughter, Northampton; Jerusha E. Allen, daughter, New Haven, Ct., wife of Wm B. Allen; Sarah E. Marsh, daughter, New Haven, Ct., wife of Chas Marsh; Josephine Sackett, daughter, Boston; Ella M. Sackett, daughter, New Haven, Ct.; George Sackett, son, Springfield."
- 1920 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Roll T625_740, p 36A, Enumeration District 548
Knoll Street, Boston Ward 23, Suffolk, Massachusetts, 18 Jan 1920
Hunt, Anna P, head, 52, wd, b. MA, father b. MA, mother b. MA, home rented
Dickinson, Josephine A, mother, 73, wd, b. MA, father b. MA, mother b. MA
Patch, Lorengo D, boarder, 45, single, stock clerk, instrument co, b. ME, father b. ME, mother b. PA
Aurale, Pierre Marc, boarder, 46, single, carpenter, house, b. Canada, father b. Canada, mother b. Canada.
|See also||Thurmon King's Database, 2259|
|Sackett line||7th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||29 Aug 2020|