Bella "Isabel" Sackett
|Father||Alfred Sackett (1842-1931)|
|Mother||Eliza Crideford (c 1846-1916)|
In 1881 Bella was living at 12 Park Street, West TeignmouthG, in the household of her parents Alfred and Eliza, and was recorded in the census as Bella Sackett, aged one and born in Teignmouth.5
In 1911 she was living at Torcross Hotel, Stokenham, DevonG, and was recorded as Isabel Sackett, hotel manageress, head of household, single, aged 35 [actually 31] and born in Teignmouth. There were also four members of staff living in the hotel.6
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Mar qtr 1880. Sackett, Bella. Mother: Crideford. Newton A. 5b:120."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Mar qtr 1914. Sackett, Isabel. Spouse: Geffoken. Devonport. 5b:543."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Mar qtr 1914. Geffoken, Arthur W. Spouse: Sackett. Devonport. 5b:543."
- 1881 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, FHL 1341520, PRO RG11/2156/41/15
12 Park St, West Teignmouth, Devon
Alfred Sackett, head, married, 38, b. Ramsgate, Kent, mariner
Eliza Sackett, wife, 35, b. Teignmouth, Devon
Alfred Sackett, son, 14, b. Teignmouth, fisher boy (man)
Kate Sackett, dau, 11, b. Teignmouth, scholar
Dinah Sackett, dau, 8, b. Teignmouth, scholar
George Sackett, son, 5, b. Teignmouth, scholar
Benjamin Sackett, son, 3, b. Teignmouth, scholar
Bella Sackett, dau, 1, b. Teignmouth.
- 1911 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Torcross Hotel, Stokenham, Devon
Isabel Sackett, head, 35, single, manageress, hotel, employer, b. Teignmouth, Devon
Alice Maud Mary Williams, book-keeper, 30, single, book-keeper, hotel, b. Redruth, Cornwall
Annie Wills, servant, 26, single, chambermaid, hotel, b. Plymouth, Devon
Elizabeth Toogood, servant, 21, single, kitchen-maid, hotel, b. Plymouth, Devon
Sydney Smale, servant, 25, single, boots, b. Exeter, Devon.
|Sackett line||8th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
|Last Edited||3 Feb 2018|