Edward Stewart Gordon Sackett
|Father||Edward Gaskell Sackett (1849-1925)|
|Mother||Alice Horsburgh (1854-1923)|
In 1881 Edward was living at New Road Side, Horsforth, YorkshireG, with his parents Edward and Alice in the household of his grandmother Maria Sackett, and was recorded in the census as E S G Sacket, aged two and born Horsforth, York.5
In 1901 he was living at 11 Burridge Road, Hyson Green, NottinghamG, in the household of his parents Edward and Alice, and was recorded as Edward S G Sackett, an accountant's clerk, single, aged 22.6
Edward was secretary of the Nottingham & County Constitutional Club from 1902. His business address was Low Pavement, Nottingham. By 1905 he was also practising as an accountant, sharing offices with his father at Middle Pavement, Nottingham. His home address was 9 Victoria Road, Nottingham.7,8,9,10,11
Edward and his father were in partnership as chartered accountants until 31 May 1913 when they dissolved their partnership and subsequently practised separately.12
Edward completed a United States World War I draft registration card in Massachusetts on 12 September 1918. He was then aged 39 and was a public accountant working at Gunn Richards Co in Boston. He was living at 92 Winthrop Road, Unit 3, Brookline, Norfolk County, MassachusettsG, with his wife May.13
Children of Edward Stewart Gordon Sackett and May Edwards
|Sackett line||8th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Mar qtr 1879. Sackett, Edward Stewart Gordon. Mother: Horsburgh. Wharfedale. 9a:140."
- Private papers of Hilary Kirk, Horsham, Sussex, family tree of Rev E S Sackett.
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Jun qtr 1903. Sackett, Edward Stewart G. Basford. 7b:336."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Jun qtr 1903. Edwards, May. Basford. 7b:336."
- 1881 Census for England & Wales, FHL 1342035, PRO RG11/4333/17/27
New Rd Side
Maria SACKET, head, widow, 60, b. Margate, Kent, annuitant
Edward G. SACKET, son, married, 31, b. Barking, Essex, accountant
Alice SACKET, dau-in-law, 26, b. Dundee, Scotland
E.S.G. SACKET, grandson, 2, b. Horsforth, York
M.A. SACKET, granddau, 11 months, b. Horsforth
Amelia GIBSON, serv, unmarried, 22, b. Rothwell, York, general serv.
- 1901 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, 3185/73
11 Burridge Road, Hyson Green, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
Edward G Sackett, head, married, 51, chartered accountant, employer, b. Barking, Essex
Alice Sackett, wife, 46, b. Scotland
Edward S G Sackett, son, single, 22, clerk (accountants'), b. Horsforth, Yorkshire
Nora A Sackett, dau, single, 20, b. Horsforth
Harry L Sackett, son, 16, mechanical engineers apprentice, worker, b. Nottingham
Mable Sackett, dau, 13, b. Nottingham
Eileen Sackett, dau, 6, b. Nottingham
Edith G Sackett, dau, 4, b. Nottingham
Hannah Simpson, serv, single, 45, serv (domestic), b. Cotswold, Yorkshire.
- Website Kelly's Directory of Nottinghamshire (Ancestry.co.uk) (http://www.ancestry.co.uk), 1902. Nottinghamshire. Nottingham. Clubs, "Nottingham & County Constitutional Club, 26 Market street.—About 1,100 members. Subscription, £2 2s. per annum. [Committee] ... Secretary, E. Gordon Sackett, Low pavement;..."
- Website Kelly's Directory of Nottinghamshire (Ancestry.co.uk) (http://www.ancestry.co.uk), 1905. Nottinghamshire. Nottingham. Street Directory, "Middle Pavement.
Sackett Edw. G. chartered accntnt
Sackett Edward Stewart Gordon, accountant & sec. to Constitutnl. clb."
- Website Kelly's Directory of Nottinghamshire (Ancestry.co.uk) (http://www.ancestry.co.uk), 1905. Nottinghamshire. Nottingham. Street Directory, "Victoria Road.
9 Sackett Gordon
...Sackett Edward Stewart Gordon (accountant)."
- Website Kelly's Directory of Nottinghamshire (Ancestry.co.uk) (http://www.ancestry.co.uk), 1905. Nottinghamshire. Nottingham. "Nottingham & County Constitutional Club (Sir J.T. McCraith, chairman; James T. Spalding, president; Gordon Sackett, sec.), 26–28 Market street."
- Website Kelly's Directory of Nottinghamshire (Ancestry.co.uk) (http://www.ancestry.co.uk), 1905. Nottinghamshire. Nottingham, "Sackett Edward Stewart Gordon, accountant & sec. to Constitutional Club, 1 Middle pavement; h. 9 Victoria road, W.B [West Bridgford]."
- The London Gazette, digital image, (https://www.thegazette.co.uk), 3 Jun 1913.
- "US, World War I draft registrations records 1917–1918", digital image, FamilySearch, Massachusetts, Norfolk. Draft Board Division n/a. Roll 1685069.
"Serial# 2790, Order# A3003, Edward Stewart Gordon Sackett, of 92 Winthrop Rd, Unit 3, Brookline, Norfolk, Mass, Age 39, b. 3 Jan 1879, white, alien born in Great Britain England, Public Accountant at Gunn Richards Co, 75 State St, Boston, Norfolk, Mass, Wife May Sackett, of 92 Winthrop Rd, Unit 3, Brookline, Norfolk, Mass. Registrant: Med ht, Med build, eyes blue, hair black, not bald, no disability. Reg Brookline, Norfolk County, Massachusetts, 12 Sep 1918."
|Last Edited||13 July 2017|