Arthur Howard Sackett
|Father||Frederick Charles Sackett (1870-1925)|
|Mother||Mary Wackrill (1876-1950)|
In 1911 Arthur was living at 25 Copthorne Road, Wolverhampton, StaffordshireG, in the household of his parents Frederick and Mary, and was recorded in the census as Arthur Howard Sackett, aged two months and born in Wolverhampton.8
At the outbreak of the Second World War in September 1939, Arthur was living at the Black Lion Hotel, Aled, DenbighshireG, with his widowed mother Mary. He was the manager of the hotel and filling station.9 Arthur's future wife Sybil was living at Danum, Russell Road, Rhyl, Flintshire, WalesG, with her parents. She was an assistant in her father's tailor and hatter business.10
Notes & Citations
- General Register Office, Online Index to Births, "Mar qtr 1911. Sackett, Arthur Howard. Mother: Wackrill. Wolverhampton. 6b:556."
- 1939 Register.
- "England & Wales deaths 1837–2006" (Findmypast transcript), "Mar qtr 1980. Sackett, Arthur Howard, b. 12 Jan 1911. Rhuddlan. 24:0599."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Marriages, "Dec qtr 1939. Sackett, Arthur H. Spouse: Wilton. St Asaph. 11b:771."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Marriages, "Dec qtr 1939. Wilton, Sybil D. Spouse: Sackett. St Asaph. 11b:771."
- "England & Wales deaths 1837–2006" (Findmypast transcript), "Jun qtr 1973. Sackett, Sybil Daisy, b. 3 Aug 1913. St Asaph. 8A:2754."
- 1911 England census
RG14, Piece 17035, Schedule 44
25 Copthorne Road, Wolverhampton, Staffordshire
Frederick C Sackett, head, 40, married, inspector, Maypole Dairy Co Ltd, provision merchant, worker, b. Ramsgate, Kent
Mary Sackett, wife, 34, m. 7y, 2 ch, both living, b. Peckham, London
Charles Harold Sackett, son, 4, b. Suffolk, Bury St Ed
Arthur Howard Sackett, son, 2 months, b. Wolverhampton
Richard Rupert Sackett, son, 14, b. Ramsgate
May Ada Malborough, servant, single, general servant domestic, b. Wolverhampton.
- "1939 Register" (Findmypast image), Sackett household, Black Lion Hotel, Aled R D, Denbighshire, Wales: Mary Sackett, b. 12 Apr 1876, widow, hotel proprietress; Elizabeth Sheldon, b. 1872, widow, unpaid domestic duties; Arthur H Sackett, b. 12 Jan 1911, single, manager hotel & filling station; & 1 closed record.
- "1939 Register" (Findmypast image), Wilton household, Danum, Russell Road, Rhyl U D, Flintshire, Wales: Garnet E Wilton, b. 1874, married, retail tailor, hatter &c.; Alice L Wilton, b. 1874, married, housewife; Sybil D Wilton (later Sackett), b. 3 Aug 1913, single, assistant in above business (retail tailor, hatter &c.); Irene L Jennens, b. 1901, married, housewife; John W Jennens, b. 1930, at school.
|Sackett line||9th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Last Edited||29 Apr 2017|