|Father||George Sackett (1852-1902)|
|Mother||Louisa Else (c 1853-1926)|
In 1891 Ernest was living at 34 Tanner Street, Faversham, KentG, in the household of his parents George and Louisa, and was recorded in the census as Ernest Sackett, aged three and born in Faversham.8
In 1901 he was living at 3 Dartford Villas, Birchington, KentG, and was recorded as Ernest Sackett, a plasterer's apprentice, aged 13 and born in Faversham, son of George Sackett.9
In 1911 he was living at 3 Perfects Cottages, BirchingtonG, in the household of his widowed mother Louisa, and was recorded as Ernest Sackett, a milkman, single, aged 23 and born in Faversham.10
At the outbreak of the Second World War in September 1939, Ernest was a market garden labourer, living at Paramour Street, EastryG, with his son Ernest E. His wife Lessie was a patient in the Kent and Canterbury Hospital.11,12
Child of Ernest Sackett and Lessie C Gammon
- Ernest Edwin Sackett b. 10 Mar 1915, d. Mar 1996
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Jun qtr 1887. Sackett, Ernest. Mother: Else. Faversham. 2a:874."
- 1939 Register.
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Mar qtr 1966. Sackett, Ernest, 78. Thanet. 5f:886."
- Marriages Register, St Michael, Hernhill, Faversham, Kent, "20 December 1913, Ernest Sackett, 26, bachelor, groom/ gardener, of Markshill, Hernhill, father: George Sackett, plasterer, deceased; and Lessie Caroline Gammon, 25, spinster, of Markshill, Hernhill, father: John Thomas Gammon, labourer. Banns. Both signed. Witnesses: Sydney Frank Sackett, Lydia Eva Gammon."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Dec qtr 1913. Sackett, Ernest. Spouse: Gammon. Faversham. 2a:2118."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Dec qtr 1913. Gammon, Lessie C. Spouse: Sackett. Faversham. 2a:2118."
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Jun qtr 1955. Sackett, Lessie C, 66. Canterbury."
- 1891 Census for England & Wales, RG12?
34 Tanner St, Faversham, Kent
George Sackett, [head], 39, plasterer, b. Margate, Kent
Louisa Sackett, [wife], 38, b. Pluckley, Kent
Edith Sackett, [dau], 13, scholar, b. Preston, Kent
Fred Sackett, [son], 13, scholar, b. Preston
George Sackett, [son], 9, scholar, b. Preston
Stephen Sackett, [son], 8, scholar, b. Faversham
Ernest Sackett, [son], 3, b. Faversham
Kate Sackett, [dau], 2, b. Faversham
William Sackett, [son], 11 months, b. Faversham
[Relationships were blank in this record].
- 1901 Census for England & Wales, 819/105
3 Dartford Villas
George Sackett, head, married, 49, plasterer, worker, b. Margate, Kent
Louisa Sackett, wife, 48, b. Plurkley, Kent
Fredk G T Sackett, son, single, 23, plasterer, worker, b. Faversham, Kent
Stephen E Sackett, son, single, 17, apprentice to plumber, worker, b. Faversham
Lewis H Sackett, son, 15, telegraph messenger, worker, b. Faversham
Ernest Sackett, son, 13, plasterer's apprentice, worker, b. Faversham
Kate A Sackett, dau, 12, b. Faversham
Sidney F Sackett, son, 8, b. Faversham
Edmond H Sackett, son, 5, b. Faversham.
- 1911 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, 3 Perfects Cottages, Birchington, Kent
Louisa Sackett, head, 59, widow, parochial relief, b. Pluckley, Kent
Lillian Martha Sackett, dau, 30, single, b. Faversham, Kent
Louis Sackett, son, 25, married, (invalid), b. Faversham, Kent
Ernest Sackett, son, 23, single, milkman, worker, b. Faversham, Kent
Kate Sackett, dau, 22, single, domestic servant, b. Faversham, Kent
Sydney Sackett, son, 18, single, house boy (domestic), b. Faversham, Kent
Edmund Sackett, son, 15, errand boy greengrocer, b. Faversham, Kent
Alice Elmer, gdau, 13, school, b. Battersea, London.
- "1939 Register", UK, digital image, Findmypast, Sackett household, Paramour Street, Eastry R D, Kent: RG101/1819C/007/25, Ernest Sackett, b. 27 Apr 1887, married, mkt gardener labourer, heavy worker; RG101/1819C/007/26, Ernest E Sackett, b. 10 Mar 1915, single, lorry driver.
- "1939 Register", UK, digital image, Findmypast, Sackett household, Kent & Canterbury Hospital, Ethelbert Road, Canterbury C B, Kent: RG101/1680H/006/6, Lessie C Sackett, patient, b. 9 Aug 1888, married, unpaid domestic duties.
|Sackett line||8th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
|Last Edited||22 Sep 2018|