Louis Henry Sackett
|Father||George Sackett (1852-1902)|
|Mother||Louisa Else (1852-1926)|
In 1891, Louis, aged five, was a patient in the Convalescent Home, Hastings, SussexG.9
In 1901 Louis was living at 3 Dartford Villas, Birchington, KentG, in the household of his parents George and Louisa, and was recorded in the census as Lewis H Sackett, a telegraph messenger, aged 15 and born in Faversham.10
In 1911 he was living at 3 Perfects Cottages, BirchingtonG, in the household of his widowed mother Louisa, and was recorded as Louis Sackett, an invalid, married, aged 25 and born in Faversham.11
Administration of Louis's widow Rose's estate was granted on 30 May 1938 to an Elsie Rose Starnes. Her estate was valued at £340.12
Notes & Citations
- General Register Office, Online Index to Births, "Sep qtr 1885. Sackett, Lewis Henry. Mother: Else. Faversham. 2a:830."
- "England Births & Baptisms 1538-1975" (Findmypast transcript), Baptisms Register, Preston-Next-Faversham, Kent, "19 Jul 1885, Lewis Henry Sackett, father George Sackett, mother Louisa Sackett."
- Society of Genealogists, Monumental Inscriptions, Birchington, Kent, "In loving memory of my dear husband Louis Henry Sackett who died 12 Dec 1911 after 2½ years of suffering patiently borne aged 26 years "Rest in peace"
Also of Edmund Herbert Sackett brother of the above, killed in action in France 8 Oct 1918 age 22 years 8 months
Also Louisa Sackett mother of the above, died 22 May 1926 age 73 years. "Her end was peace"
Lilian Martha Sackett, died 9 Dec 1943 aged 63 years."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Deaths, "Dec qtr 1911. Sackett, Louis H, 26. Thanet."
- Marriages Register, St Thomas, Hammersmith, Middlesex (image on Ancestry.co.uk), "10 March 1909, Louis Henry Sackett, 24, bachelor, chauffeur, of 27 St Stephen's Avenue, father: George William Sackett (deceased), plasterer; and Rose Randall, 31, spinster, of 27 St Stephen's Avenue, father: George Randall (deceased), police inspector. Banns. Both signed. Witnesses: Minnie Randall, Louisa Darling."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Marriages, "Mar qtr 1909. Sackett, Louis Henry. Fulham. 1a:419."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Deaths, "Mar qtr 1938. Sackett, Rose, 60. Hampstead."
- Probate record.
- 1891 England census
Convalescent Home, St Leonard, Hastings, Sussex
Sackett, Louis, patient, 5, b. Faversham.
- 1901 England census
3 Dartford Villas
George Sackett, head, married, 49, plasterer, worker, b. Margate, Kent
Louisa Sackett, wife, 48, b. Plurkley, Kent
Fredk G T Sackett, son, single, 23, plasterer, worker, b. Faversham, Kent
Stephen E Sackett, son, single, 17, apprentice to plumber, worker, b. Faversham
Lewis H Sackett, son, 15, telegraph messenger, worker, b. Faversham
Ernest Sackett, son, 13, plasterer's apprentice, worker, b. Faversham
Kate A Sackett, dau, 12, b. Faversham
Sidney F Sackett, son, 8, b. Faversham
Edmond H Sackett, son, 5, b. Faversham.
- 1911 England census
3 Perfects Cottages, Birchington, Kent
Louisa Sackett, head, 59, widow, parochial relief, b. Pluckley, Kent
Lillian Martha Sackett, dau, 30, single, b. Faversham, Kent
Louis Sackett, son, 25, married, (invalid), b. Faversham, Kent
Ernest Sackett, son, 23, single, milkman, worker, b. Faversham, Kent
Kate Sackett, dau, 22, single, domestic servant, b. Faversham, Kent
Sydney Sackett, son, 18, single, house boy (domestic), b. Faversham, Kent
Edmund Sackett, son, 15, errand boy greengrocer, b. Faversham, Kent
Alice Elmer, gdau, 13, school, b. Battersea, London.
- "England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations), 1858–1995" (Ancestry image), "Sackett Rose of 14 Maresfield Gardens Hampstead Middlesex widow died 26 February 1938 at New End Hospital Hampstead Administration London 30 May to Elsie Rose Starnes (wife of Harry Thomas Starnes). Effects £340 3s. 7d."
|Sackett line||8th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
|Last Edited||14 Feb 2022|