Louis Henry Sackett
|Father||George Sackett (1852-1902)|
|Mother||Louisa Else (c 1853-1926)|
In 1901 Louis was living at 3 Dartford Villas, Birchington, KentG, in the household of his parents George and Louisa, and was recorded in the census as Lewis H Sackett, a telegraph messenger, aged 15 and born in Faversham.8
In 1911 he was living at 3 Perfects Cottages, BirchingtonG, in the household of his widowed mother Louisa, and was recorded as Louis Sackett, an invalid, married, aged 25 and born in Faversham.9
Administration of Louis's widow Rose's estate was granted on 30 May 1938 to an Elsie Rose Starnes. Her estate was valued at £340.10
|Sackett line||8th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Sep qtr 1885. Sackett, Lewis Henry. Mother: Else. Faversham. 2a:830."
- Society of Genealogists, Monumental Inscriptions, Birchington, Kent, "In loving memory of my dear husband Louis Henry Sackett who died 12 Dec 1911 after 2½ years of suffering patiently borne aged 26 years "Rest in peace"
Also of Edmund Herbert Sackett brother of the above, killed in action in France 8 Oct 1918 age 22 years 8 months
Also Louisa Sackett mother of the above, died 22 May 1926 age 73 years. "Her end was peace"
Lilian Martha Sackett, died 9 Dec 1943 aged 63 years."
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Dec qtr 1911. Sackett, Louis H, 26. Thanet."
- Marriages Register, St Thomas, Hammersmith, Middlesex (image on Ancestry.co.uk), "10 March 1909, Louis Henry Sackett, 24, bachelor, chauffeur, of 27 St Stephen's Avenue, father: George William Sackett (deceased), plasterer; and Rose Randall, 31, spinster, of 27 St Stephen's Avenue, father: George Randall (deceased), police inspector. Banns. Both signed. Witnesses: Minnie Randall, Louisa Darling."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Mar qtr 1909. Sackett, Louis Henry. Fulham. 1a:419."
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Mar qtr 1938. Sackett, Rose, 60. Hampstead."
- Probate record.
- 1901 Census for England & Wales, 819/105
3 Dartford Villas
George Sackett, head, married, 49, plasterer, worker, b. Margate, Kent
Louisa Sackett, wife, 48, b. Plurkley, Kent
Fredk G T Sackett, son, single, 23, plasterer, worker, b. Faversham, Kent
Stephen E Sackett, son, single, 17, apprentice to plumber, worker, b. Faversham
Lewis H Sackett, son, 15, telegraph messenger, worker, b. Faversham
Ernest Sackett, son, 13, plasterer's apprentice, worker, b. Faversham
Kate A Sackett, dau, 12, b. Faversham
Sidney F Sackett, son, 8, b. Faversham
Edmond H Sackett, son, 5, b. Faversham.
- 1911 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, 3 Perfects Cottages, Birchington, Kent
Louisa Sackett, head, 59, widow, parochial relief, b. Pluckley, Kent
Lillian Martha Sackett, dau, 30, single, b. Faversham, Kent
Louis Sackett, son, 25, married, (invalid), b. Faversham, Kent
Ernest Sackett, son, 23, single, milkman, worker, b. Faversham, Kent
Kate Sackett, dau, 22, single, domestic servant, b. Faversham, Kent
Sydney Sackett, son, 18, single, house boy (domestic), b. Faversham, Kent
Edmund Sackett, son, 15, errand boy greengrocer, b. Faversham, Kent
Alice Elmer, gdau, 13, school, b. Battersea, London.
- "England & Wales National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations) 1858–1966", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Sackett Rose of 14 Maresfield Gardens Hampstead Middlesex widow died 26 February 1938 at New End Hospital Hampstead Administration London 30 May to Elsie Rose Starnes (wife of Harry Thomas Starnes). Effects £340 3s. 7d."
|Last Edited||22 September 2018|