Elizabeth Harriet Sackett
|Father||Thomas Sackett (1848-1923)|
|Mother||Harriet Maria (Simpson) Craycraft (1848-1923)|
In 1881 Elizabeth was living at 6 Linfield Cottages, Faversham, KentG, and was recorded in the census as Elizabeth K Sacket, aged three and born in Faversham, daughter of Thomas Sacket.8
In 1891 she was living at 14 Kingsnorth Road, Faversham, KentG, and was recorded as Elizabeth H Sackett, a scholar, aged 13 and born in Faversham, the daughter of Thomas Sackett.9
In 1901 she was living at Lynton, Stone Road, Broadstairs, KentG, in the household of Barry Cleveland, a retired insurance manager, and his wife Harriett E Cleveland, a school proprietress, and was recorded as Elizabeth H Sackett, parlourmaid, single, aged 23 and born in Faversham. Also in the household were 4 teachers, 7 pupils, and 2 other servants.10
In 1911 she was living at Hotel Metropole, Margate, KentG, and was recorded as Elizabeth Harriett Sackett, hotel chambermaid, aged 29 [actually 33], single, and born in Faversham.11
At the outbreak of the Second World War in September 1939, Elizabeth was a domestic servant in a Stein family household at Rougemont, Exeter Road, Dawlish, DevonG.12
Elizabeth left a will which was proved on 27 November 1956 by solicitors. Her estate was valued at £665.13
|Sackett line||8th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
Notes & Citations
- Letter from John Prescott, to Chris Sackett, dated 21 October 2002.
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Mar qtr 1878. Sackett, Elizabeth Harriet. Mother: Craycraft. Faversham. 2a:800."
- 1939 Register.
- Baptisms Register, St Mary of Charity, Faversham, Kent, digital image, Findmypast, "12 Apr 1878 Elizabeth Harriett Sackett, dau of Thomas & Harriett, Linfield Cottages, labourer."
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Sep qtr 1956. Sackett, Elizabeth H, 78. Ealing."
- Probate record.
- Letter from John Prescott, to Chris Sackett, dated 21 October 2002 , 28 Sep 1956 Elizabeth Sackett d. Thomas & Harriet, 16 Hanger Lane, Ealing, W5.
- 1881 Census for England & Wales, FHL 1341231, PRO RG11/0970/27/7
6 Linfield Cottages
Thomas SACKET, head, married, 32, b. Ramsgate, Kent, gas fitter
Harriet M. SACKET, wife, 31, b. Ramsgate
George E. SACKET, son, 8, b. Faversham, Kent, scholar
Thomas A. SACKET, son, 7, b. Faversham, scholar
John S. SACKET, son, 5, b. Faversham, scholar
Elizabeth K. SACKET, dau, 3, b. Faversham
Alma S. SACKET, dau, 1, b. Faversham.
- 1891 Census for England & Wales, 14 Kingsnorth Road, Faversham, Kent
Thomas Sackett, head, married, 42, gas fitter (lock), b. Ramsgate, Kent
Harriet Sackett, wife, 41, b. Ramsgate
George E Sackett, son, unm., 18, apprent. blacksmith, b. Faversham, Kent
Thomas A Sackett, son, unm., 17, gas fitter's assist. (lock), b. Faversham
John S Sackett, son, 15, grocer, b. Faversham
Elizabeth H Sackett, dau, 13, scholar, b. Faversham
Alma Sackett, dau, 11, scholar, b. Faversham
Harriet C Sackett, dau, 9, scholar, b. Faversham
William J Sackett, son, 6, scholar, b. Faversham
Kate M Sackett, dau, 4, scholar, b. Faversham
Lily C Sackett, dau, 6m, b. Faversham.
- 1901 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, RG13, piece 828, folio 124, p. 18
Lynton, Stone Rd, Broadstairs, Kent
Elizabeth H Sackett, serv, single, 23, parlourmaid, b. Faversham
[In household of Barry Cleveland, retired insurance manager, & his wife Harriett E Cleveland, a school proprietress, with 4 teachers, 7 pupils, and 2 other servants.].
- 1911 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, Hotel Metropole, Margate, Kent
Elizabeth Harriett Sackett, servant, 29, single, hotel chambermaid, b. Faversham.
- "1939 Register", UK, digital image, Findmypast, Stein household, Rougemont, Exeter Road, Dawlish, Devon: Rosalie Stein, b. 1863, widow, incapacitated; Eva Stein, b. 1884, single, housekeeper; Elizabeth Sackett, b. 18 Mar 1878, single, domestic servant; Walter Goldhill, b. 1885, married, sponge & chamois leather merchant; Sophie Goldhill, b. 1885, married, unpaid domestic duties.
- "England & Wales National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations) 1858–1966", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Sackett Elizabeth Harriett otherwise Elizabeth of 16 Hanger-lane Ealing Middlesex spinster died 23 September 1956 Probate London 27 November to John Ratner Hodder solicitor. Effects £665 4s. 7d."
|Last Edited||13 November 2016|