Thomas Alfred Sackett
|Father||Thomas Sackett (1848-1923)|
|Mother||Harriet Maria (Simpson) Craycraft (1848-1923)|
In 1881 Thomas was living at 6 Linfield Cottages, Faversham, KentG, and was recorded in the census as Thomas A Sacket, a scholar aged seven and born in Faversham, son of Thomas Sacket.12
In 1891 he was living at 14 Kingsnorth Road, Faversham, KentG, and was recorded as Thomas A Sackett, a gas fitter's assistant (lock), aged 17 and born in Faversham, the son of Thomas Sackett.13
In 1911 he was living at 2 Richmond Road, RamsgateG, and was recorded as Thomas Alfred Sackett, a grocer's assistant, head of household, a widower, aged 37 and born in Faversham.14
At the outbreak of the Second World War in September 1939, Thomas was living at The Cross, High Street, Eastry, KentG, with his daughter Nellie. He was a shopkeeper selling confectioner and tobacco.15
Thomas left a will which was proved on 27 November 1945 by his granddaughter Marjorie Rose Eleanor Mott. His estate was valued at £2,095.16
Child of Thomas Alfred Sackett and Eleanor Violet Bubb
|Sackett line||8th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
Notes & Citations
- Email from John Prescott to Chris Sackett, 15 Oct 2002, Email gives date only.
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Mar qtr 1874. Sackett, Thomas Alfred. Mother: Simpson. Faversham. 2a:769."
- 1939 Register.
- Letter from John Prescott, to Chris Sackett, dated 21 October 2002 , 6 Mar 1874 baptised Thomas Alfred s. Thomas & Harriet Seckett, Lindfield Cottages, labourer.
- Letter from John Prescott, to Chris Sackett, dated 21 October 2002.
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Jun qtr 1945. Sackett, Thomas A, 71. Thanet."
- Probate record.
- Letter from John Prescott, to Chris Sackett, dated 21 October 2002 , 10 Jun 1899 married Thomas Alfred Sackett & Eleanor Violet Bubb.
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Jun qtr 1899. Sackett, Thomas Alfred. Faversham."
- Marriages Register, Ss Peter & Paul, Ospringe, Kent, "10 June 1899, Thomas Alfred Sackett, 25, bachelor, gas fitter, of Ospringe, father: Thomas Sackett, gas fitter; and Eleanor Violet Bubb, 20, spinster, of Ospringe, father: George Bubb, labourer, dec'd. Banns. Witnesses: Walter R Hills, George D Bubb."
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Dec qtr 1908. Sackett, Eleanor Violet, 29. Faversham."
- 1881 Census for England & Wales, FHL 1341231, PRO RG11/0970/27/7
6 Linfield Cottages
Thomas SACKET, head, married, 32, b. Ramsgate, Kent, gas fitter
Harriet M. SACKET, wife, 31, b. Ramsgate
George E. SACKET, son, 8, b. Faversham, Kent, scholar
Thomas A. SACKET, son, 7, b. Faversham, scholar
John S. SACKET, son, 5, b. Faversham, scholar
Elizabeth K. SACKET, dau, 3, b. Faversham
Alma S. SACKET, dau, 1, b. Faversham.
- 1891 Census for England & Wales, 14 Kingsnorth Road, Faversham, Kent
Thomas Sackett, head, married, 42, gas fitter (lock), b. Ramsgate, Kent
Harriet Sackett, wife, 41, b. Ramsgate
George E Sackett, son, unm., 18, apprent. blacksmith, b. Faversham, Kent
Thomas A Sackett, son, unm., 17, gas fitter's assist. (lock), b. Faversham
John S Sackett, son, 15, grocer, b. Faversham
Elizabeth H Sackett, dau, 13, scholar, b. Faversham
Alma Sackett, dau, 11, scholar, b. Faversham
Harriet C Sackett, dau, 9, scholar, b. Faversham
William J Sackett, son, 6, scholar, b. Faversham
Kate M Sackett, dau, 4, scholar, b. Faversham
Lily C Sackett, dau, 6m, b. Faversham.
- 1911 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, 2 Richmond Rd, Ramsgate, Kent
Thomas Alfred Sackett, head, 37, widower, grocer's assistant, worker, b. Faversham, Kent.
- "1939 Register", UK, digital image, Findmypast, Sackett household, The Cross, High Street, Eastry R D, Kent: RG101/1819E/010/40, Thomas A Sackett, b. 31 Dec 1873, widowed, shopkeeper general confectioner tobac; Nellie E Mott, b. 25 Feb 1900, married, housekeeper.
- "England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations), 1858–1995", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Sackett Thomas Alfred of Hillcrest The Cross Eastry Kent died 29 March 1945 Probate Llandudno 27 November to Marjorie Rose Eleanor Prescott (wife of Robert Kenneth Prescott). Effects £2095 6s. 11d."
- Email from John Prescott to Chris Sackett, 15 Oct 2002.
|Last Edited||13 November 2016|