|Father||William Neame Sackett (1870-1959)|
|Mother||Alice Susan Smith (1868-1942)|
In 1901 Ethel was living at 3 Sussex Place, Alverstoke, HampshireG, and was recorded in the census as Ethel Sackett, aged three and born in Gosport. Ethel and her sister Alice were listed with their mother Alice S Sackett. A record for their father William has not been found and it would seem likely that he was away at sea at the date of the census.5
In 1911 she was living at 24 Victoria Street, Forton, Gosport, HampshireG, in the household of her parents William and Alice, and was recorded as Ethel Sackett, a schoolgirl, aged 13 and born in Gosport.6
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Sep qtr 1897. Sackett, Ethel. Mother: Smith. Alverstoke. 2b:547."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Dec qtr 1920. Sackett, Ethel. Spouse: Holmes. Portsmouth. 2b:1239."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Dec qtr 1920. Holmes, Charles F J. Spouse: Sackett. Portsmouth. 2b:1239."
- 1901 Census for England & Wales, Alverstoke, Hampshire
3 Sussex Place, Alverstoke (St John the Evangelist)
Alice S SACKETT, wife, 32, b. Gosport, Hampshire
Ethel SACKETT, dau, 3, b. Gosport
Alice E SACKETT, dau, 1, b. Gosport.
- 1911 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, 24 Victoria Street, Forton, Gosport, Hampshire
William Neame Sackett, head, 40, married, officers' steward, Royal Navy, b. Kent, Worth
Alice Susan Sackett, wife, 42, m. 14y, 4 ch, all living, b. Gosport
Ethel Sackett, dau, 13, school, b. Gosport
Alice Elizabeth Sackett, dau, 11, school, b. Gosport
William George Sackett, son, 9, b. Gosport
Margery Rose Sackett, dau, 8, b. Dorset, Portland
George Smith, bro-in-law, 34, single, skilled labourer, naval ordnance, b. Gosport.
|Sackett line||9th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder|
|Last Edited||8 November 2016|