Robert George Sackett
|Father||John Fegen Sackett (1846-1886)|
|Mother||Sarah Johnson Taylor (c 1847-1908)|
In 1881 Robert was living at Ada Cottage, Farley Place, Ramsgate, KentG, in the household of his parents John and Sarah, and was recorded in the census as Robert G Sackett, aged five and born in Ramsgate.7
In 1891 he was living at 8 Leopold Street, Ramsgate, KentG, in the household of his widowed mother Sarah, and was recorded as George Sackett, a greengrocer's errand boy, aged 16, and born in Ramsgate.8
In 1901 he was living at 28 Church Street, St John, Margate, KentG, and was recorded as Robert Sackett, head of household, a bricklayer's general labourer, aged 27 and born in Ramsgate, Kent. The other members of his household were his wife Emma, a charwoman, aged 26 and born in Margate, and their sons, Albert, aged four, and Herbert, aged one.9
In 1911 he was living at 26 Grange Road, Margate, KentG, and was recorded as Robert George Sackett, a general labourer, head of household, aged 37 and born in Ramsgate. Living with him were his wife Emma, 36, and their children, Albert, 14, Herbert, 11, Elsie, 8, Lily, 6, Leslie, 3, and Kathleen, aged one.10
In 1921 Robert's widow Emma was living at 9 St Vincent Place, RamsgateG, and was recorded in the census as Emma Sackett, a self-employed dressmaker, a widow, head of household, aged 46. Living with her were her children, Albert, 24, Herbert, 21, Elsie, 19, Lily, 16, Leslie, 14, Kathleen, 11, Doris, 9, and Frederick, agged six.11
At the outbreak of the Second World War in September 1939, Robert's widow Emma was living at 221 Margate Road, RamsgateG, with her son Frederick.12
Children of Robert George Sackett and Emma Matilda Brown
- Albert George Sackett+ b. 15 Sep 1896, d. 1971
- Robert William Sackett b. 8 Oct 1898, d. 1898
- Arthur Stephen Sackett b. 8 Oct 1898, d. 1898
- Herbert Leonard Sackett+ b. 3 Mar 1900, d. Oct 1984
- Elsie Florence Sackett b. 1902
- Lily Winifred Sackett b. 1905
- Leslie John Sackett+ b. 11 Apr 1907, d. Apr 1996
- Kathleen Ivy Sackett b. 1910
- Doris Edith Sackett b. 14 Jun 1912
- Frederick Harold Sackett b. 12 Apr 1915, d. Nov 1986
Notes & Citations
- General Register Office, Online Index to Births, "Mar qtr 1876. Sackett, Robert George. Mother: Taylor. Thanet. 2a:894."
- "England & Wales, Civil Registration Death Index, 1916–2007" (Ancestry transcript), "Jun qtr 1918. Sackett, Robert G, 44. Thanet. 2a:1253."
- Marriages Register, St John in Thanet, Kent (Marion Sackett transcripts), "26 April 1896 Robert George Sackett, 22, ba, bricklayer's lab, of 19 Setterfield Rd (father John Feakins Sackett, tailor, dec'd) & Emma Matilda Brown, 21, sp, of 4 Hatfield Rd. (father Stephen Brown, Bricklayer's lab.). Banns. Witnesses: Thomas Impett, Rosina Phillpott Chamberland."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Marriages, "Jun qtr 1896. Sackett, Robert George. Thanet."
- 1939 Register.
- General Register Office, Online Index to Deaths, "Mar qtr 1951. Sackett, Emma M, 75. Thanet."
- 1881 England census
FHL 1341235, PRO RG11/0988/100/31
Ada Cott Farley Place
John F. SACKETT, head, married, 34, b. Ramsgate, Kent, tailor
Sarah J. SACKETT, wife, 34, b. Ramsgate
John E. SACKETT, son, unmarried, 16, b. Ramsgate, tailor
Sarah E. SACKETT, dau, 14, b. Ramsgate, tailor
Ellen R. SACKETT, dau, 11, b. Ramsgate, tailor
Robert G. SACKETT, son, 5, b. Ramsgate, tailor
Judith J. SACKETT, dau, 2, b. Ramsgate, tailor
Amelia B. SACKETT, dau, 2 months, b. Ramsgate, tailor
Ebenezer IGGLESDEN, lodger, married, 67, b. Dover, Kent, gentleman, invalid.
- 1891 England census
8 Leopold St, Ramsgate, Kent
Sarah J Sackett, head, widow, 42, needle woman, b. Margate, Kent
George Sackett, son, 16, errand boy greengrocer, b. Ramsgate
Judith Sackett, dau, 12, b. Ramsgate.
- 1901 England census
28 Church Street, St John, Margate
Robert SACKETT, head, M, 27, bricklayer's general labourer, worker, b. Ramsgate, Kent
Emma SACKETT, wife, M, 26, charwoman, b. Margate
Albert SACKETT, son, 4, b. Margate
Herbert SACKETT, son, 1, b. Margate
- 1911 England census
26 Grange Road, Margate, Kent
Robert George Sackett, head, 37, married, general labourer, worker, b. Ramsgate, Kent
Emma Matilda Sackett, wife, 36, m. 15y, 8 ch, 6 living, needlewoman, at home, b. Margate
Albert George Sackett, son, 14, greengrocer's errand boy, worker, b. Margate
Herbert Leonard Sackett, son, 11, school, b. Margate
Elsie Florence Sackett, dau, 8, school, b. Margate
Lily Winifred Sackett, dau, 6, school, b. Margate
Leslie John Sackett, son, 3, b. Margate
Kathleen Ivy Sackett, dau, 1, b. Ramsgate.
- 1921 England census
9 St Vincent Place, Ramsgate, Kent
Emma Sackett, head, 46y 5m, widow, b. Margate, Kent, dress maker, own account, at home
Albert G Sackett, son, 24y 9m, single, b. Margate, carman, Haskings Contractor, Queen Street, Ramsgate
Herbert L Sackett, son, 21y 3m, single, b. Margate, carman, Haskings Contractor, Queen Street, Ramsgate
Elsie F Sackett, daughter, 19y 2m, single, b. Margate, domestic servant, Mrs Bassant private service, 30 Margate Rd, Ramsgate
Lily W Sackett, daughter, 16y 5m, single, b. Margate, household duties, at home
Leslie J Sackett, son, 14y 2m, father dead, b. Margate, errand boy, Perry Greengrocer, 77 King St, Ramsgate
Kathleen J Sackett, daughter, 11y 3m, father dead, b. Ramsgate
Doris E Sackett, daughter, 9y, father dead, b. Margate
Frederick H Sackett, son, 6y 2m, father dead, b. Ramsgate.
- "1939 Register" (Findmypast image), Sackett household, 221 Margate Road, Ramsgate M B, Kent: RG101/1768A/011/35, Emma M Sackett, b. 26 Jan 1875, widowed, unpaid home duties; RG101/1768A/011/36, Frederick H Sackett, b. 12 Apr 1915, single, shop asst grocery & provision.
|Sackett line||8th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
|Last Edited||19 Nov 2022|