Sarah Emily Sackett
|Father||John Fegen Sackett (1846-1886)|
|Mother||Sarah Johnson Taylor (c 1847-1908)|
In 1881 Sarah was living at Ada Cottage, Farley Place, Ramsgate, KentG, in the household of her parents John and Sarah, and was recorded in the census as Sarah E Sackett, aged 14 and born in Ramsgate.6
In 1911 she was living at 27 Henry Street, St John's Wood, LondonG, in the household of her husband Francis, 46, blind, a chair caner, and was recorded as Sarah Emily Vertue, a nurse, aged 44. Living with them were their sons, George, 20, and Charley, aged five. Also in the household was a male lodger.7
Children of Sarah Emily Sackett and Francis William Vertue
|Sackett line||8th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Mar qtr 1867. Sackett, Sarah Emily. Mother: Taylor. Thanet. 2a:805."
- "England & Wales, Civil Registration Death Index, 1916–2007", database, Ancestry.com, "Mar qtr 1944. Vertue, Sarah E, 77. Kensington. 1a:184."
- Marriages Register, St James, Bethnal Green, Middlesex (image on Ancestry.co.uk), "17 August 1886, Francis William Vertue, 21, bachelor, grocer, of Bethnal Green, father: George Vertue, deceased; and Sarah Emily Sackett, 21, spinster, of Bethnal Green, father: John Fegan Sackett, deceased. Banns. Both signed. Witnesses: G F Thickbroome, Lilian Stewart."
- "England & Wales, Civil Registration Death Index, 1916–2007", database, Ancestry.com, "Mar qtr 1941. Vertue, Francis W, 76. Pancras. 1b:42."
- 1881 Census for England & Wales, FHL 1341235, PRO RG11/0988/100/31
Ada Cott Farley Place
John F. SACKETT, head, married, 34, b. Ramsgate, Kent, tailor
Sarah J. SACKETT, wife, 34, b. Ramsgate
John E. SACKETT, son, unmarried, 16, b. Ramsgate, tailor
Sarah E. SACKETT, dau, 14, b. Ramsgate, tailor
Ellen R. SACKETT, dau, 11, b. Ramsgate, tailor
Robert G. SACKETT, son, 5, b. Ramsgate, tailor
Judith J. SACKETT, dau, 2, b. Ramsgate, tailor
Amelia B. SACKETT, dau, 2 months, b. Ramsgate, tailor
Ebenezer IGGLESDEN, lodger, married, 67, b. Dover, Kent, gentleman, invalid.
- 1911 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, RG14; Piece: 579
27 Henry Street, St John's Wood, St Marylebone, London NW
Francis William Vertue, head, 46, blind chair caner, own account, b. Woolwich, blind
Sarah Emily Vertue, wife, 44, m. 24y, 2 ch, both living, nurse, b. Ramsgate
Geo Arthur Vertue, son, 20, single, railway porter, GW Rly, b. St John's Wood
Charley William Vertue, 5, b. St John's Wood
Christian Coombs, lodger, 45, single, labourer (painter), b. St John's Wood.
|Last Edited||27 November 2016|