Arthur Vincent Sackett
|Father||Vincent Andrew Sackett (1868-1932)|
|Mother||Florence Annie Bull (c 1868-1910)|
In 1901 Arthur was living at Woodchurch Farm House, Acol, KentG, in the household of his parents Vincent and Florence, and was recorded in the census as Arthur Sackett, aged one and born in Acol.12
In 1911 Arthur was living at Godwin College, 39 & 41 Harold Road, Margate, KentG, and was recorded in the census as Arthur Vincent Sackett, a student, aged 11 and born in Westgate.13
At the outbreak of the Second World War in September 1939, Arthur and Doris were living at Yew Gates, Box Hill Road, Dorking, SurreyG. Arthur was a grocer and provisions merchant.14
Arthur was granted administration on 20 May 1947 of his wife Doris's estate, valued at £671.15
Children of Arthur Vincent Sackett
Notes & Citations
- General Register Office, Online Index to Births, "Dec qtr 1899. Sackett, Arthur Vincent. Mother: Bull. Thanet. 2a:942."
- Death record.
- 1939 Register.
- Baptisms Register, Holy Trinity, Ramsgate, Kent, "2 January 1915 Arthur Vincent s. Vincent Andrew & Florence Annie Sackett, 29 Approach Road, farmer."
- "England & Wales deaths 1837–2006" (Findmypast transcript), "Jan 2000. Sackett, Arthur Vincent, b. 2 Nov 1899. Isle of Wight. 5561B:B73A:132:100."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Marriages, "Dec qtr 1931. Sackett, Arthur V. Spouse: Wingett. Epsom. 2a:103."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Marriages, "Dec qtr 1931. Wingett, Doris M. Spouse: Sackett. Epsom. 2a:103."
- "England & Wales, Civil Registration Birth Index" (Ancestry image), "Mar qtr 1908. Wingett, Doris Millicent. Epsom. 2a:14."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Deaths, "Mar qtr 1947. Sackett, Doris M, 39. Surrey Mid E."
- Probate record.
- 1901 England census
Woodchurch Farm House
Vincent Sackett, head, married, 33, farmer, employer, b. St Lawrence, Kent
Florence Sackett, wife, 32, b. Hornsey
Hilda Sackett, dau, 7, b. Margate, Thanet, Kent
Gladys Sackett, dau, 4, b. Ramsgate, Thanet
Arthur Sackett, son, 1, b. Acol, Thanet
Nellie Sackett, dau, 4, b. Acol
Mary Halliday, serv, single, 17, servant domestic, b. Ramsgate, Kent.
- 1911 England census
RG14, piece 4500, schedule 166
Godwin College, 39 & 41 Harold Rd, Margate, Kent
Arthur Vincent Sackett, 11, student, b. Kent, Westgate.
- "1939 Register" (Findmypast image), Sackett household, Yew Gates, Box Hill Road, Dorking, Surrey: RG101/1884F/010/6, Arthur V Sackett, b. 2 Nov 1899, married, grocer & provision merchant; RG101/1884F/010/7, Doris M Sackett, b. 9 Jan 1909, married, unpaid domestic duties; Thelma I Collins, b. 1906; Florence Weaver, b. 1878; Henry Weaver, b. 1878; & 3 closed records.
- "England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations), 1858–1995" (Ancestry image), "Sackett Doris Millicent of 35 Alington-grove Wallington Surrey (wife of Arthur Vincent Sackett) died 23 January 1947 at 87 West-street Carshalton Surrey Administration London 20 May to the said Arthur Vincent Sackett retired master grocer. Effects £671 18s. 5d."
|Appears in||Sackett snippets|
|Sackett line||8th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
|Last Edited||24 Jan 2019|