Arthur Vincent Sackett
|Father||Vincent Andrew Sackett (1868-1932)|
|Mother||Florence Annie Bull (c 1868-1910)|
In 1901 Arthur was living at Woodchurch Farm House, Acol, KentG, in the household of his parents Vincent and Florence, and was recorded in the census as Arthur Sackett, aged one and born in Acol.12
In 1911 Arthur was living at Godwin College, 39 & 41 Harold Road, Margate, KentG, and was recorded in the census as Arthur Vincent Sackett, a student, aged 11 and born in Westgate.13
At the outbreak of the Second World War in September 1939, Arthur and Doris were living at Yew Gates, Box Hill Road, Dorking, SurreyG. Arthur was a grocer and provisions merchant.14
Arthur was granted administration on 20 May 1947 of his wife Doris's estate, valued at £671.15
Children of Arthur Vincent Sackett
|Sackett line||8th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Appears in||Sackett snippets|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Dec qtr 1899. Sackett, Arthur Vincent. Mother: Bull. Thanet. 2a:942."
- Death record.
- 1939 Register.
- Baptisms Register, Holy Trinity, Ramsgate, Kent, "2 January 1915 Arthur Vincent s. Vincent Andrew & Florence Annie Sackett, 29 Approach Road, farmer."
- "England & Wales deaths 1837–2006", database, Findmypast, "Jan 2000. Sackett, Arthur Vincent, b. 2 Nov 1899. Isle of Wight. 5561B:B73A:132:100."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Dec qtr 1931. Sackett, Arthur V. Spouse: Wingett. Epsom. 2a:103."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Dec qtr 1931. Wingett, Doris M. Spouse: Sackett. Epsom. 2a:103."
- Website England & Wales Birth Index (GRO Civil Registration Index) (Ancestry.com) (http://search.ancestry.co.uk/), "Mar qtr 1908. Wingett, Doris Millicent. Epsom. 2a:14."
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Mar qtr 1947. Sackett, Doris M, 39. Surrey Mid E."
- Probate record.
- 1901 Census for England & Wales, 819/118
Woodchurch Farm House
Vincent Sackett, head, married, 33, farmer, employer, b. St Lawrence, Kent
Florence Sackett, wife, 32, b. Hornsey
Hilda Sackett, dau, 7, b. Margate, Thanet, Kent
Gladys Sackett, dau, 4, b. Ramsgate, Thanet
Arthur Sackett, son, 1, b. Acol, Thanet
Nellie Sackett, dau, 4, b. Acol
Mary Halliday, serv, single, 17, servant domestic, b. Ramsgate, Kent.
- 1911 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, RG14, piece 4500, schedule 166
Godwin College, 39 & 41 Harold Rd, Margate, Kent
Arthur Vincent Sackett, 11, student, b. Kent, Westgate.
- "1939 Register", UK, digital image, Findmypast, Sackett household, Yew Gates, Box Hill Road, Dorking, Surrey: RG101/1884F/010/6, Arthur V Sackett, b. 2 Nov 1899, married, grocer & provision merchant; RG101/1884F/010/7, Doris M Sackett, b. 9 Jan 1909, married, unpaid domestic duties; Thelma I Collins, b. 1906; Florence Weaver, b. 1878; Henry Weaver, b. 1878; & 3 closed records.
- "England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations), 1858–1995", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Sackett Doris Millicent of 35 Alington-grove Wallington Surrey (wife of Arthur Vincent Sackett) died 23 January 1947 at 87 West-street Carshalton Surrey Administration London 20 May to the said Arthur Vincent Sackett retired master grocer. Effects £671 18s. 5d."
|Last Edited||24 Jan 2019|