Gladys Irene Sackett
|Father||Vincent Andrew Sackett (1868-1932)|
|Mother||Florence Annie Bull (c 1868-1910)|
In 1901 Gladys was living at Woodchurch Farm House, Acol, KentG, in the household of her parents Vincent and Florence, and was recorded in the census as Gladys Sackett, aged four and born in Ramsgate.6
In 1911 she was living at Woodchurch Farm House, Westgate, AcolG, in the household of her widowed father Vincent, and was recorded as Gladys Sackett, a student, aged 14 and born in Chilton.7
Gladys left a will which was proved on 2 August 1928 by her sister Hilda. Her estate was valued at £281.8
Notes & Citations
- General Register Office, Online Index to Births, "Jun qtr 1896. Sackett, Gladys Irene. Mother: Bull. Thanet. 2a:960."
- 1901 Census for England & Wales.
- Baptisms Register, St George, Ramsgate (Transcript), "16 September 1896 Gladys Irene d. Vincent Andrew & Florence Anne Sackett, Chiltern Farm Road, farmer."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Deaths, "Sep qtr 1928. Sackett, Gladys I, 31. Eastry."
- Probate record.
- 1901 Census for England & Wales, 819/118
Woodchurch Farm House
Vincent Sackett, head, married, 33, farmer, employer, b. St Lawrence, Kent
Florence Sackett, wife, 32, b. Hornsey
Hilda Sackett, dau, 7, b. Margate, Thanet, Kent
Gladys Sackett, dau, 4, b. Ramsgate, Thanet
Arthur Sackett, son, 1, b. Acol, Thanet
Nellie Sackett, dau, 4, b. Acol
Mary Halliday, serv, single, 17, servant domestic, b. Ramsgate, Kent.
- 1911 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, RG14, piece 4481, schedule 78
Woodchurch Farm House, Westgate, Acol, Kent
Vincent Sackett, head, 43, widower, farmer, employer, b. Kent, Northwood
Hilda Sackett, dau, 17, single, student, b. Kent, Margate
Gladys Sackett, dau, 14, student, b. Kent, Chilton
Nellie Sackett, dau, 10, student, b. Kent, Woodchurch
Bessie W?adson, servant, 25, single, housekeeper (domestic), b. Kent, Maidstone.
- "England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations), 1858–1995", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Sackett Gladys Irene of 17 Walpole-road Boscombe Bournemouth spinster died 10 July 1928 at Wellesley House Walmer Kent Probate London 2 August to Hylda Florence Clark (wife of William Edward Clark) and Archibald St John Austin insurance broker. Effects £281 18s. 10d."
|Sackett line||8th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
|Last Edited||8 Nov 2016|