Ernest Arthur Sackett
|Father||Henry Sackett (1841-1920)|
|Mother||Mary Ann Elizabeth Allen (1841-1913)|
In 1881 Ernest was living at House Decor Shop, 86 Queen Street, RamsgateG, in the household of his parents Henry and Mary, and was recorded in the census as Ernest A Sackett, aged three and born in Ramsgate.3
In 1891 he was living at 86 Queen Street, Ramsgate, KentG, in the household of his father Henry, and was recorded as Ernest A Sackett, a scholar, aged 13, and born in Ramsgate.4
Ernest was a third cook on the SS Omrah, sailing from London and arriving in Sydney, New South WalesG, on 24 November 1899.5
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Sep qtr 1877. Sackett, Ernest Arthur. Thanet. 2a:834."
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Mar qtr 1909. Sackett, Ernest, 31. Camberwell."
- 1881 Census for England & Wales, FHL 1341235, PRO RG11/0989/4/2,
86 Queen Street, House Decor Shop, Ramsgate, Kent
Henry Sackett, head, married, 39, b. Ramsgate, house decorator employg 7 men 4 boys
Mary E. Sackett, wife, 39, b. Middlesex
George W. Sackett, son, 15, b. Ramsgate, assistant to head
Henry W. Sackett, son, 14, b. Ramsgate, assistant to head
Richard E. Sackett, son, 12, b. Ramsgate, scholar
Frederick C. Sackett, son, 11, b. Ramsgate, scholar
Florence M. Sackett, dau, 8, b. Ramsgate, scholar
Ellen E. Sackett, dau, 6, b. Ramsgate, scholar
Ernest A. Sackett, son, 3, b. Ramsgate
Harriet Tulford, servt, 16, b. Barham, Kent, general servt domestic.
- 1891 Census for England & Wales, RG12/731/f87
86 Queen St, Ramsgate, Kent
Henry Sackett, head, married, 49, house decorator, b. Ramsgate
Florence M Sackett, dau, 18, scholar, b. Ramsgate
Ernest A Sackett, son, 13, scholar, b. Ramsgate
Allen A Sackett, son, 9, scholar, b. Ramsgate
Cordelia A Summerford, boarder, unm, 29, b. Lambeth.
- Website New South Wales, Australia, Unassisted Immigrant Passenger Lists 1826–1922 (Ancestry.co.uk) (http://www.ancestry.co.uk), "E A Sackett [crew], 3rd cook, [nationality blank], 22, from London, to Sydney, arr. 24 Nov 1899, Omrah."
|Sackett line||8th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
|Last Edited||2 Jul 2010|