Harry Howard Sackett
|Father||Henry Sackett (1841-1920)|
|Mother||Mary Ann Elizabeth Allen (1841-1913)|
In 1871 Harry was living at 86 Queen Street, Ramsgate, KentG, in the household of his parents Henry and Mary, and was recorded in the census as Harry H Sackett, aged four and born in Ramsgate.8
In 1881 he was living at House Decor Shop, 86 Queen Street, RamsgateG, in the household of his parents Henry and Mary, and was recorded as Henry W. Sackett, aged 14 and born in Ramsgate. He was working as an assistant in his father's house decorating business.9
In 1891 he was living at 48 High Street, RamsgateG, and was recorded as Harry H Sacketts, a house decorator, head of household, unmarried, aged 24 and born in Ramsgate. Also in the household was his brother Richard, 22, also a house decorator.10
Harry left a will which was proved on 7 February 1923 by his widow Ann. His estate was valued at £75.11
Harry's widow Ann left a will which was proved on 31 January 1958 by an Amy Duncombe. Her estate was valued at £257.12
|Sackett line||8th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Dec qtr 1866. Sackett, Harry Howard. Mother: Allen. Thanet. 2a:779."
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Dec qtr 1922. Sackett, Harry H, 56. Lambeth."
- Probate record.
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Jun qtr 1919. Sackett, Harry H. Spouse: Duncombe. Wandsworth. 1d:1300."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Jun qtr 1919. Duncombe, Ann M. Spouse: Sackett. Wandsworth. 1d:1300."
- Date of birth based on age at death.
- Website England & Wales Death Index, 1837–1915 (GRO Civil Registration Index) (Ancestry.com) (http://search.ancestry.co.uk/), "Mar qtr 1958. Sackett, Ann M, 84. Lewisham."
- 1871 Census for England & Wales, RG10/996/f4
86 Queen St., Ramsgate, Kent
Henry Sackett, head, married, 29, painter, b. Ramsgate
Mary A E Sackett, wife, 29, b. Lambeth
George W Sackett, son, 5, b. Ramsgate
Harry H Sackett, son, 4, b. Ramsgate
Richard E Sackett, son, 3, b. Ramsgate
Frederick C Sackett, son, 5 months, b. Ramsgate
Agnes E Wales, serv., unm., [age blank], general serv., b. Broadstairs
Alice R Harding, serv., unm., [age blank], nurse, b. St Mary's, Middlesex.
- 1881 Census for England & Wales, FHL 1341235, PRO RG11/0989/4/2,
86 Queen Street, House Decor Shop, Ramsgate, Kent
Henry Sackett, head, married, 39, b. Ramsgate, house decorator employg 7 men 4 boys
Mary E. Sackett, wife, 39, b. Middlesex
George W. Sackett, son, 15, b. Ramsgate, assistant to head
Henry W. Sackett, son, 14, b. Ramsgate, assistant to head
Richard E. Sackett, son, 12, b. Ramsgate, scholar
Frederick C. Sackett, son, 11, b. Ramsgate, scholar
Florence M. Sackett, dau, 8, b. Ramsgate, scholar
Ellen E. Sackett, dau, 6, b. Ramsgate, scholar
Ernest A. Sackett, son, 3, b. Ramsgate
Harriet Tulford, servt, 16, b. Barham, Kent, general servt domestic.
- 1891 Census for England & Wales, RG12/730/f5
48 High St, Ramsgate, Kent
Harry H Sacketts, head, unm, 24, house decorator, b. Ramsgate
Richard E Sacketts, bro, unm, 22, house decorator, b. Ramsgate.
- "England & Wales National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations) 1858–1966", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Sackett Harry Howard of 119 Bedford-road Brixton Surrey died 4 December 1922 at Lambeth Hospital Surrey Administration (with Will) London 7 February 1923 to Ann Maria Sackett widow. Effects £75 11s. 6d."
- "England & Wales National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations) 1858–1966", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Sackett Ann Maria of 54 Dacres Road Lewisham London widow died 1 January 1958 Probate London 31 January to Amy Duncombe spinster. Effects £257 18s. 8d."
|Last Edited||22 November 2016|