Hester Frances Sackett
|Father||Henry "Harry" Sackett (1846-1932)|
|Mother||Mary Shill (c 1848-1905)|
In 1881 Hester was living at 1 Sycamore Cottage, St Peter's, KentG, and was recorded in the census as Hester Frances Sackett, a scholar, aged nine and born in St Peter's, daughter of Henry Sackett.6
In 1891 she was living at Church Street, St Peter's, KentG, in the household of her parents Henry and Mary, and was recorded as Hester F Sackett, a domestic servant, aged 19 and born in Ramsgate.7
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Sep qtr 1871. Sackett, Hester Frances. Mother: Shill. Thanet. 2a:794."
- Baptisms Register, St Peter the Apostle, Thanet, Kent, "3 September 1871 Hester Frances d. Henry, bricklayer of St Peter's, & Mary Sackett, bn 1 August 1871."
- Marriages Register, St Peter the Apostle, Thanet, Kent, "7 April 1902 Malachy Creed, 29, bachelor, stoker, of St. Peter’s (father Patrick Creed, labourer) & Hester Frances Sackett, 30, spinster, of St. Peter’s (father Harry Sackett, bricklayer). Witnesses: George Robert Pettman, Harry Sackett."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Jun qtr 1902. Sackett, Hester Frances. Thanet, 2a:1781."
- Date of birth based on age at marriage.
- 1881 Census for England & Wales, FHL 1341236, PRO RG11/0991/90/20
St Peters, Kent
1 Sycamore Cottage
Henry SACKETT, head, married, 34, b. St Peters Thanet, builder
Mary SACKETT, wife, 32, b. St Peters Thanet, builder wife
Hester Frances SACKETT, dau, 9, b. St Peters Thanet, scholar
Harriet Ann SACKETT, dau, 7, b. St Peters Thanet, scholar
William T. BOND, lodger, unmarried, 15, b. Tiperray, Devon, teacher (sch).
- 1891 Census for England & Wales, RG12/733/f117
Church Street, St Peter's, Kent
Henry Sackett, head, married, 44, bricklayer, b. Ramsgate
Mary Sackett, wife, 42, b. Gloucester
Hester F Sackett, dau, 19, domestic servant, b. Ramsgate.
|Sackett line||8th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
|Last Edited||14 Nov 2016|