Malcolm Frank Sackett
|Father||Frank Wilfred Sackett (1908-1993)|
|Mother||Ellen May Eastland (1911-)|
Malcolm and Mary emigrated from Kent to Australia, departing from London on 2 July 1958, bound for Melbourne, Victoria, AustraliaG, on the P & O liner Strathaird.2
When Miss Mary Elizabeth Galletly was married at St. Augustine's Abbey Church, Ramsgate on Saturday, her headdress—a half-hat of imitation flowers—was that worn by her sister-in-law, Suk Fan, at her wedding at Hong Kong in March, this year.
The bride is the daughter of Mrs. L. M. and the late Mr. G. Galletly, of 13 Grummock-avenue, Ramsgate. She was married to Mr. Malcolm Frank Sackett, son of Mr. and Mrs. F. W. Sackett. of 76 Prospect-road, Minster.
The full-length dress of lace over net worn by the bride was designed by her and drawn from instructions by a friend, Miss Jose Wotton. It had a four-tiered skirt with scalloped edges and train. The bride carried a bouquet of pink carnations with trailing lilies of the valley and pink freesias.
She was attended by two friends, Miss Patricia Philpott, chief bridesmaid, and Miss Gillian Holloway. They wore ballerina-length dresses in white cotton, printed with lilac imitation broderie Anglaise. The dresses were princess style with scooped necklines and lilac velvet bows at the back with long streamers to the hem. The attendants carried posies of pale lilac carnations. pale pink roses, freesias and lilies of the valley.
The bride was given away by her brother Sqdn.-Ldr. G. E. G. Galletly, and Mr. Kenneth John Sackett, brother of the bridegroom, was best man. Father Odilo Frelinx officiated at the service and Father Gregory Bish was organist.
—The East Kent Times and Mail, Ramsgate, Kent, 4 Oct 1957, p 7
Children of Malcolm Frank Sackett and Mary Elizabeth Galletly
Notes & Citations
- "England & Wales, Civil Registration Birth Index" (Ancestry image), "Dec qtr 1931. Sackett, Malcolm F. Mother: Eastland. Thanet. 2a:1622."
- "UK Outward Passenger Lists 1890–1960" (Ancestry image), "Malcolm Sackett, b. 7 Oct 1931, bricklayer, Mary Sackett, b. 3 Dec 1938, housewife, both of 13 Grummock Ave, Ramsgate, last res. England, intended res. Australia, dep. London, 2 Jul 1958, to Melbourne, Australia, ship Strathaird, P and O Steam Navigation Company."
- Find a Grave.
- "England & Wales, Civil Registration Marriage Index" (Ancestry transcript), "Sep qtr 1957. Sackett, Malcolm F. Spouse: Galletly. Thanet. 5b:1998."; "Sep qtr 1957. Galletly, Mary E. Spouse: Sackett. Thanet. 5b:1998."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Births, "Mar qtr 1939. Galletly, Mary E. Mother: Bryant. Thanet. 2A:1953."
- Gravestone, "Alice Elizabeth Sackett/ (nee Rowley)/ first wife of Raymond Benson Edwards/ second wife of Malcolm Frank Sackett/ caring and loving mother and grandmother/ 29th March 1930 - 4th April 2010."
|Sackett line||10th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Last Edited||26 May 2023|