Robert Moffat Sackett
|Father||The Revd Benjamin Sackett (1834-1900)|
|Mother||Elizabeth Lee (1835-1920)|
In 1881 Robert was living at 7 Trinity Terrace, Stepney, MiddlesexG, and was recorded in the census as Robert M Sackett, aged 11 months and born in Bow, Middlesex, the son of Benjamin Sackett.5
In 1891 he was living at 14 Albert Square, Stepney, MiddlesexG, and was recorded as Robert M Sackett, aged ten and born at Bow, London, the son of Benjamin Sackett.6
In 1901 he was living at 2 Chaucer Street, Wanstead, EssexG, and was recorded as Robert M Sackett, a merchants' clerk, single, aged 20 and born in Bow, London, Middlesex.7
Robert first emigrated to Australia, with his wife Susan and their three-month-old daughter Phyllis, arriving in Sydney, New South WalesG, via Brisbane, from London on 22 January 1910.8,9 Robert (presumably with his wife and daughter) returned to England in 1914, arriving in London on 6 June 1914 on the Orontes from Brisbane, AustraliaG. He intended to stay permanently.10 Their son Robert Lee Sackett was born in England in 1918. Speaking in 2010 from his home in a retirement village on the outskirts of Sydney, Robert Lee recalled that the family returned to Australia in 1919 when he was 18 months old.11
Children of Robert Moffat Sackett and Susan Maud Oliver
|Sackett line||8th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder|
|See also||Benjamin Sackett (1834–1900) gallery & descendant chart|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
Descendants of Benjamin Sackett
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Jun qtr 1880. Sackett, Robert Moffat. Mile End. 1c:562."
- Information supplied by Sheila Phythian to Chris Sackett, June 2010.
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Dec qtr 1905. Sackett, Robert Moffat. W Ham. 4a:548."
- The Sydney Herald, (Sydney, New South Wales, Australia), 14 April 1954, p. 40,
SACKETT,—The remains of the late Mrs SUSAN MAUD SACKETT, of 9 Violet Street, Croydon Park were Privately Cremated on 13th April at Rockwood Crematorium.
- 1881 Census for England & Wales, 7 Trinity Terrace, Stepney, Middlesex
Benjamin SACKETT, head, M, 46, Indep. Minister, Ebenezer Chapel, Watney St., b. Hythe, Kent
Elizabeth SACKETT, wife, M, 45, b. Hythe
Elizabeth S SACKETT, dau, U, 20, b. Hythe
Emily Lucy SACKETT, dau, U, 17, b. Hythe
Annie C D SACKETT, dau, 12, b. Ealing, Middlesex
Blanche E SACKETT, dau, 9, b. Heston, Middlesex
George W SACKETT, son, 8, b. Langford, Oxford
John W SACKETT, son, 6, b. Langford
Martin L SACKETT, son, 4, b. Langford
Robert M SACKETT, son, 11m, b. Bow, Middlesex
- 1891 Census for England & Wales, RG12/293/f9
14 Albert Square, Stepney, Middlesex
Benjamin Sackett, head, M, 56, Congr. minister, b. Hythe, Kent
Elizabeth Sackett, wife, M, 55, b. Hythe
Annie C D Sackett, dau, 22, b. Heston, Middlesex
Blanche E Sackett, dau, 19, b. Heston
George Whit. Sackett, son, 18, shipbroker's clerk (empd), b. Langford, Oxford
John Wesley Sackett, son, 16, shipbroker's clerk (empd), b. Langford
Martin Luther Sackett, son, 14, stationer's assist., b. Langford
Robert M Sackett, son, 10, b. Bow, London.
- 1901 Census for England & Wales, 1608/58,
2 Chaucer Street, Wanstead (St Mary) (5+ rooms)
Elizabeth Sackett, head, widow, 65, b. Hythe, Kent
Emily L Spice, dau, widow, 37, b. Hythe
George W Sackett, son, single, 28, theological student, b. Langford, Oxon
Martin L Sackett, son, single, 24, merchants' clerk, worker, b. Langford
Robert M Sackett, son, single, 20, merchants' clerk, worker, b. Bow, London, Middlesex
Dorothy W Spice, g-dau, 3, b. Mile End, London."
- Website Victoria, Australia, Assisted and Unassisted Passenger Lists 1839–1923 (Ancestry.co.uk) (http://www.ancestry.co.uk), "Robert Sackett, 37, English, arr. Brisbane, 20 Jan 1910, from London, ship Ophir.
Susan Sackett, 34, English, arr. Brisbane, 20 Jan 1910, from London, ship Ophir
Phyllis Sackett, 3 months, English, arr. Brisbane, 20 Jan 1910, from London, ship Ophir."
- Website New South Wales, Australia, Unassisted Immigrant Passenger Lists 1826–1922 (Ancestry.co.uk) (http://www.ancestry.co.uk), "Mr & Mrs Sackett & infant (13/52), 3rd class, from London, to Sydney, arr. 22 Jan 1910, SS Ophir."
- "UK Incoming Passenger Lists 1878–1960", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Robert Sackett, 33, clerk, British, Orontes 3rd class, arr. 6 Jun 1914 London, from Brisbane, Australia, last permanent residence Australia, intended permanent residence England."
- Interview Sheila Phythian with Robert Lee Sackett, 2010.
|Last Edited||10 December 2010|