George Langdale Sackett
|Father||Frederick Sackett (1872-1950)|
|Mother||Florence Langdale (c 1876-1960)|
In 1901 George was living at Sauvagees, St Sampson's, GuernseyG, in the household of his parents Frederick and Florence, and was recorded in the census as George Sackett, aged three and born in St Sampson's.4
In 1911 he was living at 2 Suffolk Terrace, Suffolk Street, Hull, YorkshireG, in the household of his parents Frederick and Florence, and was recorded as George Langdale Sackett, a schoolboy, aged 13 and born in Guernsey.5
George served as a Lance Corporal in the East Yorkshire Regiment during the First World War. He was killed in action on the Somme.6,7
|Sackett line||9th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
|Charts||Descendants of Jabez Sackett|
Notes & Citations
- Register of Births, Guernsey (Guernsey Greffe, Royal Court House), 274/173, "2 December 1897 George Langdale s. Frederick Sackett & Florence Langdale, b. at Les Sauvagees, St Sampson's. Father's occupation: [illegible]."
- Website Commonwealth War Graves Commission (www.greatwar.nl), "Sackett, George Langdale, Lance Corporal, service no. 32874, d. 24/12/1917, age 20, "C" Coy 1st Bn, East Yorkshire Regiment, United Kingdom, grave ref. F. 1., Heudicourt Communal Cemetery Extension, son of Frederick and Florence Sackett, of 2, Suffolk Terrace, Suffolk St., Hull. Native of Guernsey. Casualty Type: Commonwealth War Dead."
- GRO Indexes to War Deaths, 1914-1921 (National Archives), "1917. Sackett, L/Cpl George L, no. 32874, unit: E Y R."
- 1901 Channel Islands census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, Sauvagees, St Sampson's, Guernsey
Frederick SACKETT, head, M, 39, market gardener (worker), b. England
Florence SACKETT, wife, M, 25, b. England
Lettie SACKETT, dau, 5, b. England
George SACKETT, son, 3, b. St Sampson's
Agnes SACKETT, dau, 3wks, b. St Sampson's
- 1911 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, 2 Suffolk Terrace, Suffolk St, Hull, Yorkshire
Frederick Sackett, head, 39, married, works foreman, paint manrs, worker, b. Kent, Elham
Florence Sackett, wife, 35, m. 16y, 4 ch, 3 living, b. Hull
Lettie Marion Sackett, dau, 15, milliner's apprentice, b. Hull
George Langdale Sackett, son, 13, school, b. Guernsey
Robert Eric Sackett, son, 6, school, b. Hull.
- "Britain, Campaign, Gallantry & Long Service Medals & Awards", database, Findmypast.
- "British Army Medal Index Cards, 1914-1920", digital image, The National Archives, "Sackett, George L, Private, East Yorkshire Regiment, service no. 32874, Victory Medal, British Medal. WO372/17.
|Last Edited||29 June 2020|