Extract from The Sacketts of America
388. Capt. John Sackett, 1755-1819, of Newtown, L. I., son of (122) William and Anne Lawrence Sackett,, was married to Elisabeth Gibbs of Connecticut. Mr. Sackett was a Revolutionary soldier. He served in the ranks of Col. John Harper's Levies and in other commands. After the war he took an active part in reorganization of the Militia, and in 1798 was commissioned First Lieutenant of Capt. Remson's Company of the Queens County Regiment, and served as such until 1793, when he succeeded Capt. Remson and commanded his company until 1804.
930. William Sackett, b. Feb. 23, 1784, d. Feb. 4, 1849; m. Gertrude Meserole.
931. Lawrence Sackett, b. Sept. 14, 1786.
932. Anne Sackett, b. Feb. 24, 1791; m Peter Gorsline.
933. Mary Sackett, b. Apr. 28, 1793; m.  Joseph Lawrence.
934. Patience Sackett, b. July 21, 1795, d. unmarried.
935. Elisabeth Sackett, b. Dec. 18, 1799, d. unmarried.
936. Amy Sackett, b. June 6, 1804, d. unmarried.