140. William Lawrence, 1729–1794, of Newtown, L. I., son of John and (31) Patience Sackett Lawrence, was married, May 14, 1752, to Anne Brinkerhoff, 1733–1770, daughter of Isaac Brinkerhoff and his wife Diana Brinkerhoff. On April 14, 1771, he was married to his second wife, Mary Palmer, daughter of Charles Palmer and his wife Jane Fish. "He was," says Riker, "for many years a magistrate and filled the station with usefulness." On the capture of Long Island, in 1776, part of his house in Newtown was made the headquarters of British and Hessian Generals, and himself and family were subjected to many of the exactions and vexations which those who had rebel predelictions experienced from the invaders.
411. Dientie Lawrence, b. Mar. 19, 1756; m. Abraham Lent.
412. John Lawrence, b. July 5, 1753; m. Elizabeth Berien.
413. Catherine Lawrence, b. Apr. 26, 1763; m. Cornelius Luyster.
414. Richard Lawrence, b. July 11, 1765; m.  Sarah Lawrence.
415. Isaac Lawrence, b. Feb. 8, 1768; m. Caroline Beach.
416. William Lawrence, b. May 17, 1770.
417. Jane Lawrence, b. Aug. 3, 1783; m. Hendrick Suydam.
(six children died in infancy.)
—Weygant, The Sacketts of America