John Sackett MD
(c 1702-aft 1760)
|Father||Capt Richard Sackett (c 1678-1746)|
|Mother||Margery L (___) (Crego) (Wislake) Slade (bef 1665-)|
John Sackett MD, son of Capt Richard Sackett and Margery L (___) (Crego) (Wislake) Slade, was born in New York CityG, in about 1702.1,2 He died after 1760. He married in say 1736, ___ ___.3
Children of John Sackett MD and ___ ___
- Ezekiel Sackett+ b. c 1737
- Elisabeth Sackett b. 22 Nov 1742, d. 6 Jun 1808
- Margery Sackett b. c 1743
- Mary Sackett+ b. 7 Apr 1743, d. Sep 1824
- John Sackett+ b. 18 Aug 1747, d. 26 Jul 1805
- Lois Sackett+ b. Mar 1748/49, d. 1814
- Richard Sackett+ b. 1751, d. Sep 1778
- Captain Benjamin Sackett+ b. 1752, d. 28 Jun 1826
- ___ Sackett b. c 1753
- Catherine Sackett b. c 1754
|See also||The Sacketts of America, 268 John Sackett MD|
Thurmon King's Database, 8226 John Sackett MD
|Charts||Capt Richard Sackett descendant chart|
Notes & Citations
- Birth date estimated based on John being the younger son but assumed included in 1703 census.
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America.
- The wife of John Sackett MD has not yet been identified. It has been suggested that she may have been Elisabeth Masten. This was based on records of baptisms in the Dutch Reformed Church, Kingston, Ulster County, NY of Ritsert Sekket on 5 May 1734 and Ezechiel Sekket on 19 Jun 1737, sons of Jan Sekket and Elisabeth Masten.
John Sackett MD is stated by Weygant to have had ten children, among whom were sons Richard born in Jun 1751, and Ezekial for whom he does not record a birth date. A birth date of 1737 for Ezekial would have made him 22 at marriage to Mary Atherton, recorded by Weygant to have taken place in 1759. The discrepancy in Richard's birth/baptism dates would have to be explained by there having been two Richards, the first dying in infancy or childhood before 1751.
There is no other evidence to support a theory that John Sackett and Jan Sekket were the same, nor is there any explanation why John Sackett who, according to Weygant, was living in Dover, Dutchess County, would have had his children baptized in Kingston in the neighboring county of Ulster.
|Last Edited||9 April 2018|