James Horton Sackett
|Father||Nathaniel Sackett (1763-1812)|
In 1850 James's widow Jerusha was living in Brooklyn, New York City, New York StateG, and was recorded in the census as Jerusha Sacket, aged 26 and born in New York (this age was clearly wrong but the household context suggests that this must have been James's widow). Living with her were her children, William, 18, Jerusha, 12, James, 11, Frances, 10, and Sarah, aged six.7
Children of James Horton Sackett and Jerusha Post
|Sackett line||6th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
Notes & Citations
- Date of birth based on age at death.
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "922. James H. Sackett, m. Jerusha Post."
- Website Death Notices from the New York Evening Post, 1801–1890 (New England Historic Genealogical Society), 4/13/1846. "Apr 11 Woodbridge N J 47y Col James A Sackett son in law of late William Post."
- "New York, Marriage Newspaper Extracts, 1801–1880 (Barber Collection)", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Thursday, July 15,1830. This morning, St. George's Chapel, Rev. Mr. Henderson: James H Sackett to Jerusha Post dau of William."
- "New York City, Marriages, 1600s–1800s", database, Ancestry.com, "30 Sep 1855, New York City, Jerusha Sackett & Seaborn Goodall."
- "New York City Marriage Notices, 1835–1880", database, Findmypast, "29 Sep 1855, New York, Seaborn Goodall, of Savannah, GA, to Jerusha Sackett, former husband James Sackett. New York Herald, 30 Sep 1855."
- 1850 US census, database, LDS, FamilySearch, Roll M432_519, p. 346
Brooklyn Ward 7, Kings, New York
Sacket, Jerusha, 26, f, b. NY
Sacket, William, 18, m, broker, b. NY
Sacket, Jerusha, 12, f, b. NY
Sacket, James, 11, m, b. NY
Sacket, Frances, 10, f, b. NY
Sacket, Sarah, 6, f, b. NY
Button, Bridget, 30, f, b. NY.
|Last Edited||20 April 2020|