|Father||Nathaniel Sackett (1763-1812)|
|Mother||Bethiah Reynolds (1767-1809)|
Joseph was for many years engaged with his brother James in the wholesale carpet trade in New York City.8
Joseph was named in his father's will made in Bedford, New York StateG, on 13 March 1812.8
Children of Joseph Sackett and Anna Augusta Downing
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "920. Joseph Sackett, m. Augusta Downing."
- Website Death Notices from the New York Evening Post, 1801–1890 (New England Historic Genealogical Society), 12/13/1851. "Joseph Sackett in 54y no date."
- Date of birth based on age at death.
- Website All Saints Church, New York City, Parish Register (New England Historic Genealogical Society), baptism, "1842 Sept 25, Mrs. Anna Augusta Sackett, adult, [sponsor] Mrs. Dr. Comstock."
- Website All Saints Church, New York City, Parish Register (New England Historic Genealogical Society), confirmations, "1843, Passion Sunday, April 2, Mrs. Anna Augusta Sackett."
- Website All Saints Church, New York City, Parish Register (New England Historic Genealogical Society), communicants, "1845, Recently confirmed No. 446 Mrs. Anna A. Sackett, 30 Rutgers St., removed May --, 1845."
- "Historical Newspapers, Birth, Marriage, & Death Announcements, 1851–2003", digital image, Ancestry.com, New York Times, 14 December 1886, "Died. / Sackett.—At Brick Church, New-Jersey, Monday, Dec. 13, Anna Augusta, widow of Joseph Sackett and daughter of the late George Downing, age 73 years. / Funeral Thursday, Dec. 16, from her late residence, No. 39 Harrison-st., on arrival of 1:30 P.M. train from Barclay and Christopher sts., New-York. Interment at convenience of family."
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America.
|Sackett line||6th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||3 May 2011|