|Father||Nathaniel Sackett (1763-1812)|
Joseph was for many years engaged with his brother James in the wholesale carpet trade in New York City.8
Children of Joseph Sackett and Anna Augusta Downing
|Sackett line||6th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "920. Joseph Sackett, m. Augusta Downing."
- Website Death Notices from the New York Evening Post, 1801–1890 (New England Historic Genealogical Society), 12/13/1851. "Joseph Sackett in 54y no date."
- Date of birth based on age at death.
- Website All Saints Church, New York City, Parish Register (New England Historic Genealogical Society), baptism, "1842 Sept 25, Mrs. Anna Augusta Sackett, adult, [sponsor] Mrs. Dr. Comstock."
- Website All Saints Church, New York City, Parish Register (New England Historic Genealogical Society), confirmations, "1843, Passion Sunday, April 2, Mrs. Anna Augusta Sackett."
- Website All Saints Church, New York City, Parish Register (New England Historic Genealogical Society), communicants, "1845, Recently confirmed No. 446 Mrs. Anna A. Sackett, 30 Rutgers St., removed May --, 1845."
- "Historical Newspapers, Birth, Marriage, & Death Announcements, 1851–2003", digital image, Ancestry.com, New York Times, 14 December 1886, "Died. / Sackett.—At Brick Church, New-Jersey, Monday, Dec. 13, Anna Augusta, widow of Joseph Sackett and daughter of the late George Downing, age 73 years. / Funeral Thursday, Dec. 16, from her late residence, No. 39 Harrison-st., on arrival of 1:30 P.M. train from Barclay and Christopher sts., New-York. Interment at convenience of family."
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America.
|Last Edited||3 May 2011|