|Father||Joseph Sackett (1724/25-)|
In 1790 Nathaniel was living in Norwalk, Fairfield County, ConnecticutG. In his household were two men, one boy, and three females.8
Nathaniel was listed in the 1800 census as a householder in Mamaroneck, Westchester County, New York StateG.9 In 1810 he was living in Bedford, Westchester CountyG.10
Nathaniel made his will in Bedford, New York StateG, on 13 March 1812, naming as beneficiaries his children, Joseph, William, James, Fanny the wife of Henry Reynolds, Maria, Hannah, and Jane Ann. Executors were to be his brothers Joseph and James and his daughter Maria. The will was proved on 14 May 1812.11
375. Nathaniel Sackett, 1763–1812, of Greenwich, Conn., and Bedford, Westchester County, N. Y., son of (120) Joseph and Hannah Budson Sackett, was married Feb. 19, 1787, to Bethiah Reynolds. His will is dated "Bedford, Westchester County, N. Y., Mar. 13, 1812," and was probated May 14, 1812. In it he mentions his children Joseph, William, James, Fanny, the wife of Henry Reynolds; Maria, Hannah, and Jane Ann. He names as his Executors his brothers Joseph and James and his daughter Maria.
921. William H. Sackett, b. in 1803, d. Feb. 28, 1846; m. Althea Higgins.
922. James H. Sackett, m. Jerusha Post.
923. Fanny Sackett, m. Henry Raymond.
924. Maria Sackett, m. ___ Weed.
925. Hannah Sackett, b. in year 1794, d. in year 1814.
926. Jane Ann Sackett, b. in 1805, d. Sept. 11, 1836; m. Charles Hicks.
927. Harriet B. Sackett, b. Dec. 2, 1795, d. Feb. 1, 1811.
Children of Nathaniel Sackett and Bethiah Reynolds
- Fanny Sackett b. say 1790
- Maria Sackett b. say 1790
- Hannah Sackett b. 1794, d. 24 Jun 1814
- Harriet B Sackett b. 2 Dec 1795, d. 1 Feb 1811
- Joseph Sackett+ b. c 1798, d. Dec 1851
- James Horton Sackett+ b. c 1800, d. 11 Apr 1846
- William Henry Sackett+ b. 1803, d. 28 Feb 1846
- Jane Ann Sackett b. 1805, d. 11 Sep 1836
Notes & Citations
- Barbour Collection of Connecticut Vital Records, "Sackett, Nathaniel, [s. Joseph & Hannah], b. Oct. 8, 1763. Greenwich Vital Records, 1:119."
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "375. Nathaniel Sackett, b. Oct. 8, 1763, d. in year 1812; m. Rachel ___."
- Find a Grave.
- Weygant had Nathaniel's wife as Rachel ___ in his listing as a child on page 71 but as Bethiah Reynolds in his full entry on page 129.
- "Church Records of Greenwich, Connecticut" (American Ancestors transcript), marriage, Second Congregational Church, 1789 "Sackett, Nathaniel, and Bethia Reynolds, Feb. 19."
- Find a Grave, "In Memory of / Bathiah Sackett / wife of Nathaniel Sackett / who departed this life / Aug. 8, 1809: / aged 41 years / 9 months / & 12 days."
- Date of birth based on age at death.
- 1790 United States census
Nathel Sacket. Norwalk and Stamford, CT. 2 white males (16+), 1 white male under 16, and 3 white females.
- 1800 United States census
"Nathaniel Sachet, Mamaroneck, Westchester County, New York State."
- 1810 United States census
"Nathaniel Sackett, Bedford, Westchester County, New York State."
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America.
|Sackett line||5th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||26 Nov 2022|