|Father||Joseph Sackett1 (1712-after 1795)|
Sarah was named as a beneficiary in her father's will made at Stanford, Dutchess CountyG, on 20 May 1795. She was left a sum of £5 and her children were to inherit her father's real estate in New Haven.9
Children of Sarah Sackett and Samuel Gilbert
Notes & Citations
- Weygant, Sacketts of America, lists a Sarah, daughter of Joseph Sackett and an unnamed mother. No other details are given. Jacobus, Families of Ancient New Haven, identifies this Sarah as possibly the Sarah Sackett who married Samuel Gilbert in 1750. Based on her age, 86, on death in February 1818, Sarah was born in about 1731. Her father Joseph was then 19.
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "276. Sarah Sackett."
- Date of birth based on age at death.
- Donald Jacobus, Families of Ancient New Haven, digital image, American Ancestors, 1583–8, "Sarah [perhaps d. Joseph Sackett & a "former wife" (former to Abigail Rowe)] m 2 July 1750 NHV—Samuel Gilbert."
- Website Sharon, Connecticut, Burying Grounds (Ancestry.com) (http://www.ancestry.com), Burying Ground at Coleman's Station, "Gilbert, Sarah, widow of Samuel, died Feb. 22, 1818, æ. 86."
- Barbour Collection of Connecticut Vital Records, "Sacket, Sarah, m. Samuel Gilbert, July 2, 1750, by John Prout, JP. New Haven Vital Records, 1:760."
- Donald Jacobus, Families of Ancient New Haven, digital image, American Ancestors, 650, "Samuel [Gilbert, s. Samuel & Hannah (Dorman) Gilbert], b 27 Nov 1724 NHV, bp 6 Sep 1741 NHC1; m 2 July 1750 NHV—Sarah Sackett."
- Website Sharon, Connecticut, Burying Grounds (Ancestry.com) (http://www.ancestry.com), Winchell Mountain Burying Ground, "Gilbert, Samuel, died Nov. 27, 1797, æ. 74."
- "Abstracts of Wills, Administrations and Guardianships in NY State, 1787-1835", digital image, American Ancestors.
|See also||Thurmon King's Database, 8774|
|Sackett line||Great-granddaughter of John Sackett of New Haven|
|Charts||Line 4 (American)|
|Last Edited||27 Dec 2019|