|Father||Captain John Sackett (1697-1753)|
|Mother||Elizabeth Mockett (c 1704-1797)|
Elizabeth was named as a beneficiary in her mother's will made in MargateG on 20 April 1754.4 She was to share the residue of the estate equally with her sister Mary after receiving a a sum of £50 to compensate for Mary having been "better advanced and provided for" by their father John. The estate included assets in Antigua.
Elizabeth made her will in MargateG on 9 May 1797.5 She left her tenement in Margate to her widowed sister Mary. Mary was also to receive the residue of the estate after bequests to nieces Mary Swan and Mary Wynn. Niece Mary Wynn would have been the daughter of Elizabeth's sister Mary. Niece Mary Swan has not been identified.
Date: 9 May 1797.
Proved: Prerogative Court of Canterbury, 7 Oct 1797.
Source: National Archives, Kew, PROB 11/1298 quire 713.
Testatrix: Elizabeth Sackett, spinster, Margate, Isle of Thanet.
Sister Mary Wynn, widow & heirs, all money and messuage in Margate now in my occupation, residue, real & personal.
Niece Mary Swan, widow, £50 stock & part of stock in consolidated 3% annuities, & various items of silver, linen, china, books, & clothes.
William Reynalls Swan & John Swan, sons of Mary, 2 guineas each.
Niece Mary Wynn, £110 in stock & rest of 3% annuities, & various items of silver, linen, china, books, clothes, gold watch & cases, writing desk.
Executrixes: Nieces Mary Swan & Mary Wynn.
Witnesses: Martha Small, Robt Small, Fra Small.
Notes & Citations
- Baptisms Register, St John the Baptist, Thanet, Kent, "28 June 1731 Elizabeth d. John & Elizabeth Sackette."
- Burials Register, St John the Baptist, Margate, Kent (Parish Registers 1570-1650 (U3/140/1/1) (Debrett's); Tyler transcripts; IGI), "13 September 1797 Elizabeth Sacket d. of Capt. John, 65."
- Thanet Obituary, monumental inscription, St John's Church, Margate, Kent, headstone, "John Sackett, Marr. [?mariner] 17 Nov 1753 aged 57; Elizabeth, ux. 9 Mar 1797 aged 92; Elizabeth, their daughter, 7 Sep 1797 aged 65."
- Will of Elizabeth Sackett of Margate, Isle of Thanet, Kent, 20 April 1754, proved at Prerogative Court of Canterbury, 29 March 1797 (National Archives, PROB 11/1288 quire 205).
- Will of Elizabeth Sackett of Margate, Isle of Thanet, Kent, 9 May 1797, proved at Prerogative Court of Canterbury, 7 October 1797 (National Archives, PROB 11/1298 quire 713).
|Sackett line||7th great-granddaughter of William Sackett of St John in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 2 (English)|
|Last Edited||23 Apr 2021|