|Father||Richard Sackett (1668-1730)|
|Mother||Martha Tomlin (c 1681-1747)|
Susanna was named as a beneficiary in her father's will made in St John in ThanetG on 28 October 1730. She was to inherit a sum of £300 at age 21 and a further £400 in stocks at age 21 or on marriage.4
Susanna died intestate. Letters of administration of her estate were granted at the Prerogative Court of CanterburyG on 20 April 1741 to her brother Richard Sackett.5
Granted by: Prerogative Court of Canterbury, 20 April 1741.
Source: National Archives, Kew, PROB 6/117.
Susannah Sackett—on the twentieth Day Admon. of the Goods Chattles & Credits of Susannah Sackett late of the parish of St John the Baptist in the Isle of Thanet in the Co. of Kent Spinster Decd. was granted to Richard Sackett the natural & lawfull brother of the said decd. being first sworn duly to ad'ster (Martha Sackett widow the natural & lawfull mother of the said decd. first renouncing).
|Sackett line||5th great-granddaughter of William Sackett of St John in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 2 (English)|
Notes & Citations
- Baptisms Register, St John the Baptist, Thanet, Kent, "7 February 1715/16 Susana d. Richard & Martha Sackett."
- Burials Register, St John the Baptist, Margate, Kent (Parish Registers 1570-1650 (U3/140/1/1) (Debrett's); Tyler transcripts; IGI), "9 January 1740/41 Susanna Sackett, 26."
- Thanet Obituary, monumental inscription, St John's Church, Margate, Kent, stone tomb, "Richard Sackett, yeoman of Northdown, 10 November 1730, aged 62; Martha, ux, 17 December 1747, aged 67; Susanna, their daughter, 3 January 1740, aged 25."
- Will of Richard Sackett of St John in Thanet, Kent, 28 October 1730, proved at Prerogative Court of Canterbury, April 1731 (National Archives, PROB 11/644).
- Letters of administration of the estate of Susannah Sackett of St John in Thanet, Kent, granted at Prerogative Court of Canterbury, 20 April 1741 (National Archives).
|Last Edited||16 November 2019|