|Father||Peter Sackett (1666-1741)|
|Mother||Anna Kennett (c 1671-)|
John was named as a beneficiary in his uncle Richard Sackett's will made in St John in ThanetG on 28 October 1730. He was appointed overseer of the will jointly with Richard's brother-in-law Cornelius Tomlin, and was left an amount of 40 shillings.4
John was named as a beneficiary in his father's will made in St John in ThanetG on 24 April 1739. He was to receive the residue of the estate after bequests of £100 to each of his three sisters, and reversion of the house and land after the death of his mother who had lifetime enjoyment.5
John made his will in St John in ThanetG on 10 February 1764, naming as beneficiaries his sisters Mary, Hannah and Martha, his nephews John Baker, Thomas Baker, John Wood, Thomas Wood, Sackett Wood and John Underdown, and his niece Anne Wood.6
Date: 10 February 1764.
Proved: Archdeaconry Court of Canterbury, 4 October 1766.
Source: Kent Archives Office, PRC 17-97-370.
Testator: John Sackett, yeoman, St John in Thanet.
Sister Hannah Wood, wife of Thomas Wood, messuage & lands etc. at Swalecliffe & Whitstable for life, with reversion to her children, Anne Minter wife of Henry Minter, & John, Elizabeth, Sarah, Thomas, & Sackett Wood.
Brother-in-law Thomas Wood, £20.
Nephews John & Thomas Baker, sons of sister Mary Baker, widow, messuage & land etc. at Margate in which he [?who] now lives.
Niece Martha Swinford, widow, £200.
Sister Martha Underdowne, £200.
Brother-in-law Vincent Underdowne, £20.
John Underdowne, son of Vincent & Martha, £200.
Joint executors: John Baker & John Wood.
Notes & Citations
- Baptisms Register, St John in Thanet, Kent, "23 April 1699 John s. Peter & Ann Sackett."
- Burials Register, St John in Thanet, Kent (Marion Sackett transcripts), "13 September 1766 John Sackett, 67."
- Thanet Obituary (monumental inscriptions), St John's Church, Margate, Kent, stone tomb, "Peter Sackett, gent., aged 75; Ann, ux, aged 75; four children, ob. infants; John, their son, aged 67."
- Will of Richard Sackett of St John in Thanet, Kent, 28 October 1730, proved at Prerogative Court of Canterbury, April 1731 (National Archives, PROB 11/644).
- Will of Peter Sackett of St John in Thanet, Kent, 24 April 1739, proved at Canterbury Archdeaconry Court, 13 June 1741 (Kent Archives Office, PRC 17-91-29).
- Will of John Sackett of St John in Thanet, Kent, 10 February 1764, proved at Archdeaconry Court of Canterbury, 4 October 1766 (Kent Archives Office, PRC 17-97-370).
|Sackett line||5th great-grandson of William Sackett of St John in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 2 (English)|
|Last Edited||22 Oct 2019|