|Father||Robert Sackett (c 1550-1622)|
|Mother||Faith Norwood (c 1550-1591)|
Edward was named as a beneficiary in his father's will made at St John in ThanetG in October 1622.6 He was to receive £5 from his father's estate. Although details are not available from the abstract of the will, it is probable that Edward also inherited land from his father.
Edward does not appear to have left a will, his estate thereby going automatically to his wife, Parnell. She, however, left detailed instructions for the disposal of her not inconsiderable estate. She made her will at St John in Thanet on 9 April 1657, naming as beneficiaries a number of cousins, and her maid. The will was proved at Canterbury on 23 December 1658.7
Date: 9 April 1657.
Proved: Prerogative Court of Canterbury, 23 December 1658.
Source: National Archives, Kew, PROB 11/285 quire 705.
Testatrix: Parnell Sackett, widow, St. John, Isle of Thanet.
Burial at St John, near to late husband Edward Sackett.
Poor of St John's, £3.
Marie Sharpe, my late maid, wife of John Sharpe, £30 to pay for the funeral, & £10 & black gown for self.
Hannah Mappall, daughter of Thomas Mappall dec'd, £10 & bed & bedding & gown.
Mary & Elizabeth Mappall, £10 each.
Sarah, daughter of cousin Micheall Sampson, £10.
Parnall & Maria, daughters of cousin Parnell, now wife of ___ Wildboare, £5 each.
Thomas & Michael, sons of cousin Margarett, now wife of John Chambers of Monkton, £5 each.
Edward, Richard, Matthew & Joane, children of cousin Emptage of Minster, £5 each.
Edward, son of cousin John Emptage the younger, 20/- & a chest.
Thomas, son of cousin John Emptage, £5 which he oweth me by my Bond.
2 daughters of Thomas Emptage, £5 each which their father oweth me by Bond.
6 children of I___ Emptage of St Lawrence dec’d, £5 each.
Thomas & Daniell Emptage, sons of cousin Daniel Emptage dec’d, £40 each.
Parnell, wife of George Long, £10 to be paid to daughter by former husband, Parnell Jarvis, at age 21 or on marriage.
Zacharie Billinghurst, cousin, 40/-.
Susan & Marie, daughters of cousin Zacharie Billinghurst dec’d, 40/- each.
Alice, now wife of Edward Jarvis, 20/-.
John & Margarett, children of Edward Jarvis, 30/- each.
Joane Jadds, gown & petticoat.
Cousin Geederes' 4 children, & Thomas Mackson her sister’s son, 20/- each.
Cousin Geederes, 20/- in gold.
Mary, daughter of cousin Richard Fowler, £10.
Richard Fowler, residue.
Executor: Richard Fowler.
Witnesses: Stephen Greedier, Thomas Watte.
Child of Edward Sackett and ___ ___
- Joanna Sackett b. c 1612
|Sackett line||2nd great-grandson of William Sackett|
|Charts||Line 2 (English)|
Notes & Citations
- Baptisms Register, St John the Baptist, Thanet, Kent, "12 January 1579/80 Edward Sacket."
- Burials Register, St John the Baptist, Margate, Kent (Parish Registers 1570-1650 (U3/140/1/1) (Debrett's); Tyler transcripts; IGI), "31 May 1649 Edward Sacket, yeoman."
- Marriage Licences, Canterbury, Kent, "3 July 1618 Edward Sackett of Ash, yeoman & Parnell Graunt of St Lawrence in Thanet, widow. At Ash."
- Marriages Register, St Nicholas, Ash next Sandwich, Kent, digital image, Findmypast, "5 Jul 1618 Edward Sacket & Parnell Graunt widow."
- Burials Register, St John the Baptist, Margate, Kent (Parish Registers 1570-1650 (U3/140/1/1) (Debrett's); Tyler transcripts; IGI), "20 November 1658 Parnell Sackett wid. of Edward."
- Will of Robert Sackett of St John in Thanet, Kent, 2x October 1622, proved at Consistory Court of Canterbury, xx January 1623 (Kent Archives Office, PRC 32-45-303).
- Will of Parnell Sackett of St John in Thanet, Kent, 9 April 1657, proved at Canterbury Prerogative Court, 23 December 1658 (National Archives, PROB 11/285 quire 705).
|Last Edited||20 September 2019|