|Father||John Sacket (after 1533-1592)|
|Mother||Margaret ___ (say 1530-1596)|
Eve was named as a beneficiary in her father's will made at Sackett's Hill, St Peter in ThanetG, on 1 March 1590.5 She was left her father's farm at St Peter and St John in Thanet jointly with her sisters, Katherine and Judith, all of whom were charged with the maintenance of their brother Thomas and sister Joyce.
Children of Eve Sackett and William Norwood
|Sackett line||2nd great-granddaughter of Robert Sakett|
|Charts||Line 1 (English)|
Notes & Citations
- Baptisms Register, St Peter the Apostle, Thanet, Kent (Society of Genealogists), "16 May 1571 Elee (or Eva?) Sacket." (original of this record not seen; original of record of marriage to William Norwood appears clearly to say Elee while original of burial record appears to say equally clearly Eve the wife of William Norwood; transcriber of father's will has name, which would have appeared more than once in the will, as Eve).
- Burials Register, St Peter the Apostle, Thanet, Kent, digital image, Findmypast, "Eve the wife of William Norwood was buried the 9th October 1633."
- Marriages Register, St John the Baptist, Margate, Kent, digital image, Findmypast, "1 February 1592/93 Willm Norwood & Elee Sackett."
- Baptisms Register, St John the Baptist, St John in Thanet, Kent, database, FamilySearch, "25 Apr 1570 Willm Norwood s. Willm Norwood & Margaret."
- Will of John Sackett of Sackett's Hill, St Peter in Thanet, Kent, 1 March 1590, proved at Canterbury Archdeaconry Court, May 1592 (Kent Archives Office, PRC 17-48-410).
|Last Edited||16 September 2019|