Nathan B Sackett
|Father||Justus Sackett (1777-1854)|
|Mother||Clarissa Belcher (1783-1844)|
In 1850 Nathan was living in New York CityG in the household of his parents-in-law John and Eliza Raynor, and was recorded in the census as Nathan B Sackett, a merchant, aged 25 and born in Connecticut. His wife Gertrude, 21, was living with him.9
In 1860 he was living in New York CityG in the household of his parents-in-law John and Eliza Raynor, and was recorded as Nathan B Sackett, a hardware dealer, aged 35. Living with him were his wife Gertrude, 31, and their children, Helen, 6, and Henry, aged three. There were two female servants in the household.10
Children of Nathan B Sackett and Gertrude Vark Raynor
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "2221. Martha B. [an error for Nathan B.] Sackett, b. Jan. 29, 1825; m. Gertrude Van Rayner."
- "Church Records of Greenwich, Connecticut", database, American Ancestors, baptism, Second Congregational Church, 1825 "Sackett, Nathan B., son of Clarissa Sackett, July 3."
- "New York, New Jersey and Connecticut, U.S., United Methodist Church Records, 1775-1949", digital image, Ancestry.com, "28 Nov 1848, Nathan B Sackett and Gertrude V Raynor, both of N York. By N Mead. Witnesses: David B Palmer, Lorinda Ingersoll."
- Thurmon King's database, New York Times, June 14, 1863, "Decisions. Supreme Court—Chambers. Before Justice Barnard. Gertrude V. Sackett vs. Nathan B. Sackett. —Judgement of divorce granted."
- Court of Common Pleas, New York, names changed, "Gertrude Vark Sackett, to Gertrude Vark Raynor. Helen Field Sackett, to Helen Field Raynor. Henry Vark Sackett, to Henry Vark Raynor. Order entered June 17, 1864. To take effect July 18, 1864."
- "Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Death Certificates Index, 1803–1915", database, Ancestry.com, "Raynor, Gertrude V, d. Philadelphia, PA, 24 Jan 1897, age 68, b. PA, married, res. 24 Ward 4155 Leidy Ave, bur. St Mary's Cem, NY City, 28 Jan 1897."
- "Pennsylvania and New Jersey, U.S., Church and Town Records, 1669-2013", digital image, Ancestry.com, Undertaker's record, "Mrs Gertrude Vark Raynor, d. 24 Jan 1897, age 68, pneumonia, of 4155 Leidy Ave, plate inscription Gertrude Vark Raynor, Sept 5th 1828 – Jany 24th 1897, bur. St Mark's, NY City." Attached newspaper notice, "Raynor.—On the 24th inst., Mrs. Gertrude Vark Raynor, aged 68 years. Relatives and friends invited to attend the funeral services, Wednesday afternoon, at 2 o'clock, at the residence of her son-in-law, Edward M. Dering, 4155 Leidy avenue, West Philadelphia. Interment at New York City, Thursday morning."
- 1850 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Roll 555, p 202a
New York Ward 17, New York, New York, 20 Jul 1850
Raynor, John, 50, none, b. NY
Raynor, Eliza, 50, b. NY
Sackett, Gertrude, 21, b. NY
Sackett, Nathan B, 25, merchant, b. CT
Vark, Rachel, 62, b. NY
Neeson, Mary, 30, b. Ireland.
- 1860 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Page 611, FHL film 803809
New York Ward 17 District 9, New York, New York, 10 Jul 1860
Raynor, John, 60, real estate $20000, b. NY
Raynor, Eliza, 60, b. NY
Sackett, Gertrude B, 31, b. NY
Sackett, Nathan B, 35, hd'ware dealer, b. CT
Sackett, Helen F, 6, b. NY
Sackett, Henry I, 3, b. NY
Vark, Rachael, 17, b. NY
Brown, Mary, 62, servant, b. MD
Kennedy, Mary, 24, servant, b. Ireland.
|See also||Thurmon King's Database, 6659|
|Sackett line||7th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||11 Feb 2022|