Edward Ivan Sackett
|Father||Dwight Putman Sackett (1879-1955)|
|Mother||Mary Jane Carty (1879-1965)|
In 1920 Edward was living at West Taylor Avenue, Salt Lake CityG, in the household of his parents Dwight and Mary, and was recorded in the census as Edward Sacket, aged three and born in Utah.8
In 1930 he was living at West 24th South Street, Salt Lake CityG, in the household of his parents Dwight and Mary, and was recorded as Edward Sacket, aged 13.9
Edward was listed in the Salt Lake City Directory from 1928 to 1941.10
Edward completed a World War II draft registration card in 1940. He was aged 24 and was employed in the Norfolk Navy Yard. He was living in Portsmouth, VirginiaG. His father Dwight was named as next of kin.11
Children of Edward Ivan Sackett
Notes & Citations
- Death record.
- US Social Security Administration, "Social Security Death Index" (American Ancestors transcript), "Edward I Sackett, b. Sep 26, 1916, d. Nov 18, 2002, SSN 529-01-4249 issued UT, residence Morrisville, Pennsylvania, 19067, county Bucks."
- "U.S. Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936–2007" (Ancestry transcript), "Sackett, Edward Ivan, b. Salt Lake City, Utah, 26 Sep 1916, d. 18 Nov 2002, father Dwight P Sackett, mother Mary J Carty. Listed Jan 1937 as Edward Ivan Sackett. Listed 4 May 1984 as Edward I Sackett."
- "New Hampshire Marriage Certificates, 1948–1959" (FamilySearch image), "6 May 1950, Greenville, Hillsborough County, New Hampshire, Edward Ivan Sackett, of 267 Calvary St, Waltham, Middlesex County, MA, 33, single, iron worker, b. UT, father Dwight P Sackett of Sunnyside WA living b. IL, mother Mary J Carty of Sunnyside WA living b. England; and Dorothy Mary Rodier, of Temple St, Greenville, NH, 26, single, assembler, b. NH, father Oswald O Rodier of Greenville living b. NH, mother Clarabelle Bosselait of Greenville living b. NH; both 1st m; by Rev Ernest E Brodeur, Roman Catholic Priest.
- Marriage record.
- 1920 United States Federal Census
Roll: T625_1864; Page: 15A; Enumeration District: 33; Image: 622
West Taylor Ave, Salt Lake City, Utah, 17 Jan 1920
Sacket, Dwight P, head, home owned free of mortgage, 40, b. IL, father b. US, mother b. US, inspector, oil tanks
Sacket, Mary, wife, 40, imm. 1882, nat. 1902, b. England, father b. Ireland, mother b. Scotland
Sacket, Dorothy, dau, 16, b. CO, father b. IL, mother b. England
Sacket, Raymond, son, 12, b. UT, father b. IL, mother b. England
Sacket, Dwight, son, 8, b. UT, father b. IL, mother b. England
Sacket, Elizabeth, dau, 6, b. UT, father b. IL, mother b. England
Sacket, Edward, son, 3 3/12, b. UT, father b. IL, mother b. England.
- 1930 United States Federal Census
Roll: 2416; Page: 27A; Enumeration District: 0098; Image: 1124.0; FHL microfilm: 2342150
West 24th South Street, Salt Lake City, Utah, 30 Apr 1930
Sackett, Dwight P, head, home owned $3,000, 49, m. at 21, b. IL, father b. IL, mother b. GA [sic], foreman, oil refinery
Sackett, Mary J, wife, 50, m. at 22, b. England, imm. 1883, father b. Ireland, mother b. Ireland
Sackett, Dwight Jr, son, 18, b. UT, father b. IL, mother b. Eng
Sackett, Edward, son, 13, b. UT, father b. IL, mother b. Eng.
- "US City Directories, 1822-1995" (Ancestry image), Salt Lake City Directory, 1928, "Sackett Edwd I student b 44 W 24th So."; 1934, "Sackett Edw I student r44 W 24th So."; 1935, 1936, "Sackett Edw I r44 W 24th So."; 1939, "Sackett Edw I stlwkr r44 W 24th So."; 1941, "Sackett Edw I lab r44 W 24th So."
- "U.S. WWII Draft Cards Young Men, 1940–1947" (Ancestry transcript), "Edward Ivan Sackett, 24, b. Salt Lake City, Utah, 26 Sep 1916, res. Portsmouth, Virginia, emp. Norfolk Navy Yard, reg. 1940, wt 165, complexion light, eyes hazel, hair brown, ht 6', nok Dwight Putman Sackett."
|Sackett line||9th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||28 Feb 2019|