Dwight Putnam Sackett Jr
|Father||Dwight Putman Sackett (1879-1955)|
|Mother||Mary Jane Carty (1879-1965)|
In 1920 Dwight was living at West Taylor Avenue, Salt Lake CityG, in the household of his parents Dwight and Mary, and was recorded in the census as Dwight Sacket, aged eight and born in Utah.6
In 1930 he was living at West 24th South Street, Salt Lake CityG, in the household of his parents Dwight and Mary, and was recorded as Dwight Sackett Jr, aged 18.7
Dwight attended Granite High School, Salt Lake CityG. He was a member of the Spanish club and played football for the school in 1931.8
Dwight completed a World War II draft registration card in 1940. He was then aged 28 and was employed in Public Works Administration in Washington, DCG.9
Dwight served in the USAAF from 3 July 1951 to 18 January 1952.10
Children of Dwight Putnam Sackett Jr
Notes & Citations
- WW2 draft.
- Death record.
- "Massachusetts, Death Index, 1970–2003" (Ancestry transcript), "Sackett, Dwight P, d. Melrose, 21 Nov 1981, b. Utah, 28 Feb 1912."
- US Social Security Administration, "Social Security Death Index" (American Ancestors transcript), "Dwight Sackett, b. Feb 28, 1912, d. Nov, 1981, SSN 578-16-1962 issued, residence Melrose, Massachusetts, 02176, county Middlesex."
- Thurmon King's database.
- 1920 United States Federal Census
Roll: T625_1864; Page: 15A; Enumeration District: 33; Image: 622
West Taylor Ave, Salt Lake City, Utah, 17 Jan 1920
Sacket, Dwight P, head, home owned free of mortgage, 40, b. IL, father b. US, mother b. US, inspector, oil tanks
Sacket, Mary, wife, 40, imm. 1882, nat. 1902, b. England, father b. Ireland, mother b. Scotland
Sacket, Dorothy, dau, 16, b. CO, father b. IL, mother b. England
Sacket, Raymond, son, 12, b. UT, father b. IL, mother b. England
Sacket, Dwight, son, 8, b. UT, father b. IL, mother b. England
Sacket, Elizabeth, dau, 6, b. UT, father b. IL, mother b. England
Sacket, Edward, son, 3 3/12, b. UT, father b. IL, mother b. England.
- 1930 United States Federal Census
Roll: 2416; Page: 27A; Enumeration District: 0098; Image: 1124.0; FHL microfilm: 2342150
West 24th South Street, Salt Lake City, Utah, 30 Apr 1930
Sackett, Dwight P, head, home owned $3,000, 49, m. at 21, b. IL, father b. IL, mother b. GA [sic], foreman, oil refinery
Sackett, Mary J, wife, 50, m. at 22, b. England, imm. 1883, father b. Ireland, mother b. Ireland
Sackett, Dwight Jr, son, 18, b. UT, father b. IL, mother b. Eng
Sackett, Edward, son, 13, b. UT, father b. IL, mother b. Eng.
- "US School Yearbooks, 1880–2013" (Ancestry image), Granite High School, Salt Lake City, Utah, 1931, "Football State Champions 1930, Dwight Sackett, End, "Sacky" played end for us this year. His fight and spirit enabled him to stop many a runner for the "Fightin' Farmers." He has played his last ball fro Granite."; "Orans Club, members, Dwight Sackett."; "Spanish Club, members, Dwight Sackett."
- "US World War II draft registration cards 1942" (Ancestry image), "Dwight Putnam Sackett, res. Washington, DC, age 28, b. Salt Lake City, Utah, 28 Feb 1912, employer Public Works Administration, wt 150, complexion light, eyes blue, hair brown, ht 5' 11", nok Dwight Putnam Sackett, Reg 1940." [Ancestry transcript only, WWII Draft Cards Young Men, reg. place not given]
- "US Department of Veterans Affairs BIRLS Death File" (Ancestry transcript), "Sackett, Dwight, b. 28 Feb 1912, d. 21 Nov 1981, branch AF, enlisted 3 Jul 1951, released 18 Jan 1952."
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
|Sackett line||9th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||7 Aug 2021|