Fred Sackett Jr
|Father||Fred Sackett (1889-1957)|
|Mother||Fay Moneyhun (1904-1999)|
Fred Sackett, Jr. took flying lessons at an early age and was asked to instruct flying cadets during World War II. He later transferred to the Ferry Command, graduating to service as a pilot in the China-Burma-India theatre – "Flying the Hump."
After the war he returned to Austin to resume his studies at the University of Texas, graduating with a degree in higher mathematics. He was an investment broker.
Fred served on the board of the Austin Heritage Society for many years. He also served as president for seven years to the Austin Library Commission.
—Extract from newspaper obituary
Fred served in the US Army from 28 December 1944 to 11 January 1946.6
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
|Charts||Line 6 (English)|
Descendants of Henry Sackett (1851–1928)
Notes & Citations
- Death record.
- Coleman Democrat-Voice (Texas), digital image, Find A Grave (www.findagrave.com), obituary.
- US Social Security Administration, "Social Security Death Index", database, American Ancestors, "Fred Sackett, b. Nov 21, 1921, d. Jun 22, 1997, SSN 462-07-6378 issued TX, residence Austin, Texas, 78703, county Travis."
- "US Department of Veterans Affairs BIRLS Death File", database, Ancestry.com, "Fred Sackett, b. 21 Nov 1921, d. 22 Jun 1997, SSN 462076378, branch Army, enlisted 28 Dec 1944, released 11 Jan 1946."
- Website Find A Grave (http://www.findagrave.com).
- "US Department of Veterans Affairs BIRLS Death File", database, Ancestry.com, "Sackett, Fred, b. 21 Nov 1921, d. 22 Jun 1997, SSN 462076378, branch Army, enlisted 28 Dec 1944, released 11 Jan 1946."
|Sackett line||4th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett of Hornchurch, Essex|
|Last Edited||18 October 2017|