John L Sackett
|Father||Charlie Rufus Sackett (1894-1983)|
|Mother||Ida Ruby Hornbeck (c 1899-)|
In 1930 John was living at East Avenue, Houston, Harris County, TexasG, in the household of his parents Charles and Ida, and was recorded in the census as John L Sackett, aged eight and born in Texas.7
John completed a World War II draft registration card on 16 February 1942. He was aged 20 and was employed by Hubbard-Knutson-Mitchell at Channel View, Texas. He was living in Dayton, TexasG, and he gave his father's name as his contact.8
John served in the US Army during the Second World War, enlisting on 12 October 1944 and being released on 23 October 1945.9
Notes & Citations
- Website Find A Grave.
- "Texas, Birth Certificates, 1903–1932", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Sackett, no name, male, third ch, b. Tarkington Prairie, Liberty County, Texas, 23 Sep 1921, father C R Sackett, of Tarkington Prairie, age 27, b. Kansas, farmer, mother Ida Hornbeck, of Tarkington Prairie, age 23, b. Camden, Texas, housewife."
- US Social Security Administration, "Social Security Death Index", database, American Ancestors, "John L Sackett, b. Sep 23, 1921, d. Oct 26, 1991, SSN 460-16-1546 issued TX, residence unknown."
- "U.S. Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936–2007", database, Ancestry.com, "Sackett, John L, b. Dayton, Liberty, Texas, 23 Sep 1921, d. 26 Oct 1991, father Charlie R Sackett, mother Isla R Hornbeck. Listed Jun 1938 as John L Sackett."
- 1930 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Roll 2351, p. 39A, Enumeration District 0132, Image 350.0, FHL microfilm 2342085
East Ave, Houston, Harris County, Texas, 8 Apr 1930
Sackett, Charles R, head, home rented $12 pm, age 36, m. at 21, b. KS, father b. KS, mother b. KS, carpenter, construction
Sackett, Ida R, wife, 30, m. at 15, b. TX, father b. IN, mother b. TX
Sackett, Ruby Laura, dau, 12, b. TX, father b. KS, mother b. TX
Sackett, Chas William, son, 10, b. TX, father b. KS, mother b. TX
Sackett, John L, son, 8, b. TX, father b. KS, mother b. TX
Sackett, Jewel Lucinda, dau, 6, b. TX, father b. KS, mother b. TX.
- "U.S. WWII Draft Cards Young Men, 1940–1947", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Serial no. T27, John L Sackett, Dayton, Liberty County, Texas, age 20, b. Liberty County, 23 Sep 1921, contact C R Sackett, Dayton, Texas, emp. Hubbard-Knutson-Mitchell, Houston, Texas, emp. at Channel View, Harris County, Texas, race white, ht 5' 10½", wt 160, eyes blue, hair brown, complexion light. Reg Liberty, Texas, 16 Feb 1942."
- "US Department of Veterans Affairs BIRLS Death File", database, Ancestry.com, "Sackett, John L, b. 23 Sep 1921, d. 26 Oct 1991, branch Army, enlisted 12 Oct 1944, released 23 Oct 1945."
|See also||Thurmon King's Database, 57258|
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
|Sackett line||10th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||5 May 2020|