|Father||Alfred Francis Sackett (1888-1962)|
|Mother||Edith Emily Atkins (1890-1952)|
Dennis proved his father's will at the Principal Probate Registry, LondonG, on 17 January 1963. The estate was valued at £2,468.4
Dennis and Edna emigrated from England to Australia, departing Southampton for Melbourne on the MV Fairsea on 22 December 1967.5
|Sackett line||10th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder|
Notes & Citations
- Website England & Wales Birth Index (GRO Civil Registration Index) (Ancestry.com) (http://search.ancestry.co.uk/), "Jun qtr 1931. Sackett, Dennis. Mother: Atkins. Marylebone. 1a:630."
- "England & Wales, Civil Registration Marriage Index", database, Ancestry.com, "Dec qtr 1962. Sackett, Dennis. Spouse: Sackett or Graham. Bodmin. 7a:20."
"Dec qtr 1962. Graham, Edna M. Spouse: Sackett. Bodmin. 7a:20."
- The Mercury, (Tasmania, Australia), 1 Dec 2010, "Sackett, Edna – Late of New Norfolk, Tasmania. Dearly loved wife of Denis (dec). Passed away in Bowen, Queensland on November 30, 2010. Will be sadly missed by Sue and all who knew her."
- "England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations), 1858–1995", digital image, Ancestry.com, “SACKETT Alfred Francis of 75 Salusbury [sic] Road Kilburn London N.W.6 died 5 December 1962 at Central Middlesex Hospital Park Royal Middlesex Probate London 17 January to Dennis Sackett press setter and Henry Alastair Fergusson Crewdson solicitor. Effects £2468 8s. 11d.”.
- Email from Janine Bratherton to Sheila Phythian, June 2014, National Archives of Australia, "Sackett, Dennis [accompanied by Edna], departed from Southampton to Melbourne on 22 December 1967 per MV Fairsea."
|Last Edited||14 November 2014|