Mary Sackett was born, presumably in KentG, in about 1723.1 She died aged 76 and was buried at St Lawrence in ThanetG on 7 June 1800.2 Her parents have not been positively identified. She may have been the Mary Sackett baptized at St John in Thanet on 22 February 1722/23, daughter of Thomas and Anne Sackett, or the Mary Sackett baptized at Birchington on 11 August 1723, daughter of Thomas and Elizabeth (Nuby) Sackett. She married at St Lawrence in ThanetG on 30 March 1752, Richard Fowler, son of Richard Fowler and Elizabeth Croft.3 Richard was born in St Lawrence in ThanetG on 27 October 1728.4 He died aged 39 and was buried at St Lawrence in ThanetG on 31 May 1768.5
Children of Mary Sackett and Richard Fowler
- Elizabeth Fowler b. 21 Jan 1753
- Mary Fowler+ b. 3 Nov 1754
- Sarah Fowler b. 11 Sep 1757
- Ann Fowler b. 27 Jul 1760
- Gabriel Fowler b. 18 Mar 1764
Notes & Citations
- Date of birth based on age at death.
- Burials Register, St Lawrence in Thanet, Kent (Findmypast image), "7 Jun 1800 Mary Fowler, widow of Richard, decay, aged 76."
- Marriages Register, St Lawrence in Thanet, Kent (Tyler transcripts; Society of Genealogists), "30 March 1752 Richard Fowler & Mary Sackett of St Lawrence."
- Email from Bev Rayburn to Chris Sackett, November 2013.
- Burials Register, St Lawrence in Thanet, Kent (Findmypast image), "31 May 1768 Richard Fowler, aged 39."
|Last Edited||29 Aug 2022|