|Father||George Sackett (1772-1842)|
|Mother||Sophia ___ (-1841)|
Anne and her sister Mary Ann were listed in the Lewisham, Kent, Directory in 1840 as the proprietors of a boarding school in Lee, KentG.5
In 1841 Anne was living at Park End Cottage, Kidbrooke, KentG, in the household of her mother Sophia, and was recorded in the census as Ann Sackett, a schoolmistress, aged 20+.6
In 1847 Anne and Mary Ann were listed in the Blackheath, KentG, Directory as proprietors of a boarding academy.7
Notes & Citations
- Date of birth based on age at death.
- General Register Office, Online Index to Deaths, "Dec qtr 1848. Sackett, Anne, 32. Greenwich. 5:156."
- Website Times of London, Newspaper Archive, 1 December 1848, p. 7, Died. "On the 19th ult. at Counter-hill-terrace, New-cross, after a long and painful illness, Miss Anne Sackett, late of Blackheath."
- Burials Register, Nunhead Cemetery, Linden Grove, Southwark, Surrey (Ancestry image), "5 Dec 1848 Anne Sackett, 5 County Terrace, Scampit Hill, St Paul's, Deptford, 32 years."
- "UK, City and County Directories, 1766–1946" (Ancestry image), Pigot's Directory 1840, Kent, Lewisham, Academies & Schools, "Sackett Mary Ann & Ann (boarding), Lee."
- 1841 England census
HO107; Piece 483; Book: 11; Civil Parish: Kidbrooke; County: Kent; Enumeration District: 11; Folio: 19; Page: 7; Line: 16; GSU roll: 306875.
Park End Cottage, Kidbrooke, Kent
Sophia Sackett, 60, ind, not b. Kent
Marianne Sackett, 25, schoolmistress, not b. Kent
Ann Sackett, 20, schoolmistress, not b. Kent.
- "UK, City and County Directories, 1766–1946" (Ancestry image), Bagshaw's History, Gazetteer and Directory 1847, Kent, Blackheath Hundred, Academies, "*Sackett Mary Ann and Ann." ["*" indicates take Boarders]
|Sackett line||6th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Last Edited||16 Feb 2021|