|Father||James Simms (c 1871-)|
|Mother||Amelia Violet Muriel Sackett (1885-1972)|
At the outbreak of the Second World War in September 1939, Cecilia was living at 48 Heath Road, St Albans, HertfordshireG, in the household of her widowed mother Amelia. Cecilia was then aged 17 and was employed as a folding machine operator at a printing firm.5
|Sackett line||9th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder|
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Mar qtr 1922. Simms, Cecilia. Mother: Sackett. Holborn. 1b:1074."
- "England & Wales, Civil Registration Death Index, 1916–2007", database, Ancestry.com, "May 2001. Robertshaw, Cecilia, b. 21 Dec 1921. Durham. DN2B:4401B:22."
- Website Find A Grave (http://www.findagrave.com), d. 29 May 2001; burial Durham Crematorium.
- "England & Wales, Civil Registration Marriage Index", database, Ancestry.com, "Dec qtr 1948. Simms, Cecilia. Spouse: Robertshaw, Kenneth. St Albans. 4b:375."
- "1939 Register", UK, digital image, Findmypast, "Simms household, 48 Heath Road, St Albans M B (municipal borough), Hertfordshire: Amelia V Simms, b. 26 Dec 1885, widowed, unpaid domestic duties; Kathleen M Simms (later Goodrum), b. 8 Jan 1912, single, tailors machinist textile; Violet M Simms (later Lane), b. 2 Jan 1916, single, printers folding machinist; Harry C Simms, b. 19 May 1919, single, resistance transformer & coil minder; Cecilia Simms (later Robertshaw), b. 21 Dec 1921, single, printing folding machinist."
|Last Edited||4 May 2020|