Louisa Annie Thomas
|Father||John Henry Thomas (1857-1912)|
|Mother||Anne Elizabeth "Annie" Sackett (1869-1945)|
In 1901 Louisa was living at Grosvenor Terrace, DagenhamG, in the household of her parents John and Annie, and was recorded in the census as Louisa A Thomas, aged seven and born in Dagenham.7
Louisa emigrated to CanadaG in 1905 with her parents and siblings.8
Mrs. White was a member of the United Church Circle and sang in the choir for many years. She was a member of the Eastern Star Lodge."
Children of Louisa Annie Thomas and William White
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Sep qtr 1893. Thomas, Louisa Annie. Mother: Sackett. Romford. 4a:390."
- Copy birth certificate of Louisa Annie Thomas, born 8 June 1893, registered in the Registration District of Romford, Essex, "8 June 1893, at 5 Station Road, Dagenham R.S.D., Louisa Annie, d. of John Henry Thomas, journeyman bricklayer, & Annie Elizabeth Thomas formerly Sackett, informant Annie E Thomas mother 5 Station Road Dagenham."
- Memorial card for the funeral of Louise (Thomas) White at Dryden, Ontario, Canada, 15 January 1975 (in possession of Betty-Jeanne Grant) ""In Memory of Louise White, born June 8, 1893, died January 15, 1975. Funeral Services held at Chapel of Moffat Funeral Home, Dryden, Ontario, Saturday, January 18, at 3:30 p.m. Officiant: Rev. George Micklethwaite. Interment in the Family Plot in the Dryden Cemetery. In lieu of flowers and if friends so desire, donations may be made to Arc Industries.""
- Newspaper cuttings in possession of Betty-Jeanne Grant.
- "Ontario, Canada, Marriages, 1826–1938", digital image, Ancestry.com, "8 June 1912, at Dryden, Ontario, by license, William White, farmer, bachelor, 25, Presbyterian, of Barclay, Kenora, Ont, father John White farmer, mother Isabella Brander; to Louise Annie Thomas, spinster, 19, Methodist, of Barclay, Ont, father John Henry Thomas farmer, mother Annie Elizabeth Sackett. Witnesses: Joseph Doyle of Barclay, Ont; Hilda Thomas of Barclay, Ont."
- Marriage record.
- 1901 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, RG13, piece 1645, folio 127, p. 35
Grosvenor Ter, Dagenham, Essex
John H Thomas, head, married, 44, coal porter, worker, b. Sussex, Brede
Annie E Thomas, wife, 32, b. Essex, Dagenham
Herbert H Thomas, son, 13, ordinary agricultural labourer, b. Essex, Dagenham
Wilfred J Thomas, son, 11, b. Essex, Dagenham
Louisa A Thomas, dau, 7, b. Essex, Dagenham
Hilda E Thomas, dau, 5, b. Essex, Dagenham
John R Thomas, son, 4, b. Essex, Dagenham
George H Thomas, son, 1, b. Essex, Barking
Winnie J Sparrow, servant, single, 24, nurse domestic, b. Suffolk, Great Hurston.
- "Canadian Passenger Lists", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Ship Lake Champlain, dep. Liverpool, England, arr. St John, New Brunswick, 3 Apr 1905. John H Thomas, 47, bricklayer; Annie E Thomas, 35, wife; Herbert H Thomas, 17; Wilfred J Thomas, 15; Louisa A Thomas, 12; Hilda E Thomas, 10; John R Thomas, 8; Lucy J Thomas, 6; George H Thomas, 5; Ruth M Thomas, 3; all of Essex, destination St John, NB, British Bonus Allowed."
|Sackett line||5th great-granddaughter of Richard Sackett of South Weald, Essex|
|Charts||Line 6 (English)|
|Last Edited||10 Nov 2016|