|Father||James Sackett (c 1792-1866)|
|Mother||Ann Argent Lee (1803-1878)|
In 1851 Martha was living at Bull Street, DagenhamG, in the household of her parents James and Ann, and was recorded in the census as Martha Sackett, aged five and born in Dagenham.5
In 1861 she was living at the Post Office, DagenhamG, in the household of her parents James and Ann, and was recorded as Martha Sackett, a servant, aged 15 and born in Dagenham.6
In 1871 she was living at the New Wanstead British Queen, Wanstead, EssexG, in the household of her husband William Glynn, 44, a beerhouse keeper, and was recorded as Martha Glynn, aged 26 and born in Dagenham. Living with them were their children, Henry, 6, Fred, 3, and Florence, aged one; William's sons by his first marriage, William, 16, and James, 15; and Martha's mother Ann Sackett, 67.7
Children of Martha Sackett and William Glynn
|Sackett line||2nd great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett|
|Charts||Line 6 (English)|
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Jun qtr 1845. Sackett, Martha. Mother: Lee. Romford. 12:230."
- Copy birth certificate of Martha Sackett, born 12 April 1845, registered in the Registration District of Romford Union, Essex, "12 April 1845, at Dagenham, Martha d. James Sackett & Ann Argent Sackett formerly Lee, father a gardener, of Dagenham, reg. 30 April 1845."
- Marriages Register, St Dunstan, Stepney, Middlesex, "9 February 1864 William Glynn, 38, widower, coachman, of 10 White Horse St., & Martha Sackett, 25, spinster, of 10 Samuel St. Banns. Both signed. Fathers: Stephen Glynn, gardener; James Sackett, gardener. Witnesses: William Lewen, [2nd witness name illegible]."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Mar qtr 1864. Sackett, Martha. Stepney. 1c:828."
- 1851 Census for England & Wales, HO107/1772/f.276v
James Sackett, head, married, 58, gardener, b. Middlesex, Marylebone
Ann Argent Sackett, wife, 47, gardener's wife, b. Essex, West Thurrock
James Sackett, son, 14, gardener's son, b. Essex, Dagenham
William Sackett, son, 11, b. Essex, Dagenham
John Sackett, son, 9, b. Essex, Dagenham
Martha Sackett, dau, 5, b. Essex, Dagenham
Robert Sackett, son, 3, b. Essex, Dagenham.
- 1861 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, RG 9, piece 1069, folio 99, p. 2, GSU roll 542747
Post Office, Dagenham, Essex
James Sackett, head, married, 68, sub-postmaster and gardener, b. Mdx, Marylebone
Ann A Sackett, wife, 58, b. Essex, West Thurrock
William Sackett, son, unm, 21, gardener, b. Essex, Dagenham
Robert Sackett, son, 13, scholar, b. Essex, Dagenham
Martha Sackett, dau, 15, serv, b. Essex, Dagenham
Mary Knight, [relationship blank], widow, 68, charwoman, b. Essex, Dunmow.
- 1871 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, RG10, piece 1635, folio 35, p. 5, GSU roll 829936
New Wanstead British Queen, Wanstead, Essex
William Glynn, head, married, 44, beerhouse keeper, b. Chigwell, Essex
Martha Glynn, wife, 26, b. Dagenham, Essex
Ann Sackett, mother, 67, b. West Thurrock, Essex
William Glynn, son, 16, carpenter, b. Wanstead, Essex
James Glynn, son, 15, carpenter, b. Wanstead, Essex
Henry Glynn, son, 6, scholar, b. Wanstead, Essex
Fred Glynn, son, 3, b. Wanstead, Essex
Florence Glynn, dau, 1, b. Wanstead, Essex.
|Last Edited||26 November 2016|