James Pilcher Sackett
|Father||John Sackett (1820-1872)|
|Mother||Elizabeth Pilcher (c 1817-1890)|
An 1841 census record for a Jane Sackett, aged ten months, in the household of John and Elizabeth Sackett at Cranbourne Alley, St John, Margate, KentG, is taken to be an enumeration error for James Sackett.5
In 1851 James was living at Mount Pleasant, Canterbury, KentG, in the household of his parents, John and Elizabeth, and was recorded in the census as James P Sackett, a scholar aged ten and born in Margate, Kent.6
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
Notes & Citations
- Baptisms Register, St John the Baptist, Thanet, Kent, "11 October 1840 James Pilcher s. John & Elizabeth Sackett, Margate, carrier."
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), not found.
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date, "Sep qtr 1858. Sackett, James Pilcher, 18. Canterbury. 2a:345."
- Burials Register, St Gregory, Canterbury, Kent (Bishops' Transcript), "26 September 1858 James Pilcher Sackett, St Paul's, 18 years."
- 1841 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, Cranbourne Alley, St John, Margate, Kent
John Sackett, 21, carrier, b. Kent
Elizabeth Sackett, 24, b. Kent
Jane Sackett, 10 Mo, b. Kent
James Wanns?, 72, greengrocer, b. Kent
HO107; Piece 468; Book: 6; Civil Parish: St John The Baptist Margate; County: Kent; Enumeration District: 19; Folio: 17; Page: 27; Line: 19; GSU roll: 306863.
- 1851 Census for England & Wales, Mount Pleasant, Canterbury, Kent, (extra-parochial)
John Sackett, head, married, 30, gardener, b. Kent, Garlinge
Elizabeth Sackett, wife, 33, b. Kent, Goodnestone
James P. Sackett, son, 10, scholar, b. Kent, Margate
Thomas Sackett, son, 9, scholar, b. Kent, Margate
Elizabeth Sackett, dau, 7, scholar, b. Kent, Hythe
Mary Ann Burgess, nursechild, 3 months, b. Sussex, Brighton
HO107; Piece: 1624; Folio: 64; Page: 17; GSU roll: 193525.
|Sackett line||7th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder|
|Last Edited||29 November 2016|