Thomas Edward Sackett
|Father||Francis Sackett (1807-1878)|
|Mother||Hannah Jarman (1804-1882)|
In 1841 Thomas was living at Hereson Road, St Lawrence in Thanet, KentG, in the household of his parents Francis and Hannah, and was recorded in the census as Thomas Sackett, aged eight and born in Kent.5
In 1851 he was living at Newlands, St Peter's, KentG, in the household of his uncle, Thomas Sackett, a farmer, and his wife Harriet, and was recorded as Thomas Sackett, aged 18 and born in St Peter's.6
In 1861 he was living at Callis Court Farm, St Peter's, KentG, in the household of his uncle and aunt, Thomas and Harriet Sackett, and was recorded as Thomas Sackett, a farm cart driver, unmarried, aged 28, and born in St Nicholas, Kent.7
Thomas was named as a beneficiary in his uncle Thomas Sackett's will made in St Peter's, KentG, on 31 October 1868.8
In 1871 he was living at Albion Street, Broadstairs, KentG, and was recorded as Thomas Sackett, an agricultural labourer, unmarried, aged 38 and born in St Peter's, son of Francis Sackett.9
Thomas was appointed joint executor, with his mother, of his father's will, proved at BroadstairsG on 1 July 1878.10
In 1891 he was living at Thanet Cottages, St Peter's, KentG, in the household of his brother William and sister-in-law Elizabeth, and was recorded as Thomas Edward Sackett, a gardener, unmarried, aged 57, and born in Bromstone, Kent.11
Notes & Citations
- Baptisms Register, St Peter the Apostle, Thanet, Kent (Society of Genealogists), "30 December 1832 Thomas Edward Sackett s. Francis, labourer of Bromstone, & Hannah Sackett."
- 1891 Census for England & Wales.
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Jun qtr 1896. Sackett, Thomas Edward, 63. Bridge."
- Burials Register, St Peter the Apostle, Thanet, Kent, "3 May 1896 Thomas Edward Sackett, Broadstairs, 63 years."
- 1841 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Hereson Road, St Lawrence, Kent
Francis Sackett, 35, milkman, b. Kent
Hannah Sackett, 35, b. Kent
William Sackett, 9, b. Kent
Thomas Sackett, 8, b. Kent
George Sackett, 6, b. Kent
Francis Sackett, 5, b. Kent
Stephen Sackett, 2, b. Kent
Mary Brown, 14, b. Kent
John Rye, 25, shoe m, b. Kent
HO107; Piece 467; Book: 16; Civil Parish: St Lawrence; County: Kent; Enumeration District: 18; Folio: 26; Page: 20; Line: 7; GSU roll: 306862.
- 1851 Census for England & Wales, Newlands, St. Peters, Kent
Thomas Sackett, head, married, 46, farmer, 40 acres, 3 labs. & farm bailiff boarding servants for Mr Bedford of Newlands, b. Kent, St. Peters
Harriet Sackett, wife, 48, b. Kent, Acol
Stephen Ralph, serv., married, 27, b. Kent, Minster
John Taylor, serv., unmarried, 29, b. Kent, Ash
John Cogley, serv., unmarried, 24, b. Kent, St. Nicholas
Thomas Pritchard, serv., unmarried, 19, b. Kent, Wingham
Richard Harly, serv., unmarried, 19, b. Kent, St. Nicholas
William Sutton, serv., unmarried, 21, b. Kent, St. Lawrence
Thomas Sackett, nephew, unmarried, 18, b. Kent, St. Peters
Thomas Miller, serv., 13, b. Kent, St. Lawrence
Sarah Ralph, serv., married, 22, b. Kent, Acol
- 1861 Census for England & Wales, RG9/?
Callis Court Farm, St Peter's, Kent
Thomas Sackett, head, married, 56, farmer, 81 acres, 2 men & 1 boy, b. St Peter's
Harriet Sackett, wife, 58, b. Acol, Kent
Jane Pay, serv., unm., 30, house servant, b. St Peter's
Thomas Sackett, serv., unm., 28, carter, b. St Nicholas, Kent
George Culmer, serv., unm., 21, carter, b. St Nicholas
Henry Sackett, serv., 14, carter, b. St Peter's
Eliz. Hunt, visitor, married, 29, b. St Peter's
Hannah Hunt, visitor, 2, b. Ramsgate
Charles Hunt, visitor, 2 months, b. Ramsgate.
- Will of Thomas Sackett of St Peter's, Kent, 31 October 1868, proved in Canterbury, 27 July 1870 (Somerset House Indexes, unknown reference).
- 1871 Census for England & Wales, RG10/998/f48
Albion St, Broadstairs, Kent
Francis Sackett, head, married, 63, milkman, b. St Peter's, Kent
Hannah Sackett, wife, 66, b. St Peter's
Thomas Sackett, son, unmarried, 38, ag. lab., b. St Peter's
Henry Sackett, son, unmarried, 26, ag. lab. unemployed, b. Broadstairs
Gilbert Sackett, son, unmarried, 24, fly driver, b. Broadstairs
Emma Sackett, gdau, 13, scholar, b. Broadstairs.
- Will of Francis Sackett of Broadstairs, Kent, unknown date, proved at Canterbury, 1 Jul 1878 (Somerset House Indexes), "Francis Sackett, milkman, of 2 Thanet Rd, Broadstairs, Kent, died 14 January 1878 at home. Will proved Canterbury 1 July 1878. Personal estate under £200. Executors: Hannah Sackett, his widow, & Thomas Edward Sackett, labourer, his son, both of 2 Thanet Rd, Broadstairs."
- 1891 Census for England & Wales, RG12/733/f46
Thanet Cotts, St Peter's, Kent
William F Sackett, head, married, 59, painter (paralysed), b. St Lawrence
Elizabeth Ann Sackett, wife, 57, [?]maker, b. Eastry, Kent
Frederick C Sackett, son, unm, 21, gas fitter, b. Broadstairs
Ernest James Sackett, son, unm, 19, lab. general, b. Broadstairs
Gilbert Sackett, son, 16, errand boy, b. Broadstairs
Thomas Edward Sackett, brother, unm, 57, gardener, b. Bromstone, Kent.
|Sackett line||7th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
|Last Edited||12 Feb 2011|