Emma Talbot Sackett
|Father||Henry Sackett (1815-1906)|
|Mother||Jane Stone (c 1813-1881)|
In 1851 Emma was living at 2 West Northdown, MargateG, in the household of her parents Henry and Jane, and was recorded in the census as Emma T Sackett, a scholar, aged six and born in Margate.6
In 1861 she was living at Farm House, St John's, MargateG, in the household of her parents Henry and Jane, and was recorded as Emma J Sackett, aged 17 and born in Margate.7
In 1881 she was living at Quex Farm House, Minster Road, Birchington, KentG, in the household of her husband Thomas Willett, aged 36, a farmer of 180 acres, employing ten men and two boys, and was recorded as Emma T Willett, aged 36, and born in Northdown, Margate. Living with Thomas and Emma were their children, Henry, 15, Emmeline, 5, and Frederic, aged seven. Also in the household was an unmarried female general servant.8
Children of Emma Talbot Sackett and Thomas Willett
Notes & Citations
- General Register Office, Online Index to Births, "Mar qtr 1845. Sackett, Emma Talbot. Mother: Stone. Thanet. 05:495."
- Baptisms Register, St John in Thanet, Kent, "27 July 1845 Emma Talbot d. Henry & Jane Sackett, Northdown, yeoman."
- Marriages Register, Holy Trinity, Margate, Kent, "22 June 1865 Thomas Willett, 20, bachelor, farmer, of Margate, & Emma Talbot Sackett, 20, spinster, of Margate, [both signed]. By licence. Witnesses: Henry Sackett, Mary Jane Sackett, William Willett, Eliza Willett Thomas."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Marriages, "Jun qtr 1865. Sackett, Emma Talbot. Thanet."
- "England, Newspaper Marriage Notices" (Findmypast image), Kentish Chronicle and Canterbury Weekly News, 1 Jul 1865
Marriages. Margate.—June 22, Mr. Thomas Wallett [sic: Willett], of Margate, to Miss Sackett, of Northdown.
- 1851 England census
2 West Northdown, Margate, Kent
Henry Sackett, head, married, 36, farmer; 100 acres, 6 labs., b. Kent, Margate
Jane Sackett, wife, 39, b. Kent, Margate
Mary J. Sackett, dau, 13, scholar, b. Kent, Margate
Elizabeth Sackett, dau, 11, scholar, b. Kent, Margate
Emma T. Sackett, dau, 6, scholar, b. Kent, Margate
James Johnson, serv., unmarried, 30, ag. lab., b. Kent, Birchington
William Powell, serv., unmarried, 21, ag. lab., b. Kent, St. Peters
Joseph Robin, serv., unmarried, 15, ag. lab., b. Kent, Margate
- 1861 England census
Farm House, St John's, Margate, Kent
Henry Sackett, head, married, 44, farmer, 104 acres, 7 men, b. Margate
Jane Sackett, wife, 47, b. Margate
Mary Jane Sackett, dau, 22, b. Margate
Elizabeth Sackett, dau, 19, b. Margate
Emma J Sackett, dau, 17, b. Margate.
- 1881 England census
FHL 1341233 PRO RG11/0983/97
Quex Farm Hse, Minster Road, Birchington, Kent
Thomas Willett, head, married, 36, b. Margate, Kent, farmer of 180 acres, employing 10 men & 2 boys
Emma T Willett, wife, 36, b. Northdown, Margate
Henry T Willett, son, 15, b. Northdown, scholar
Emmeline Willett, dau, 5, b. Northdown, scholar
Frederic Willett, son, 7, b. Northdown, scholar
Ellen Setterfield, other, unm., 18, b. Acol, Kent, general servant.
|Sackett line||7th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
|Last Edited||12 Sep 2023|