Emma Talbot Sackett
|Father||Henry Sackett (1815-1906)|
|Mother||Jane Stone (c 1813-1881)|
In 1851 Emma was living at 2 West Northdown, MargateG, in the household of her parents Henry and Jane, and was recorded in the census as Emma T Sackett, a scholar, aged six and born in Margate.5
In 1861 she was living at Farm House, St John's, MargateG, in the household of her parents Henry and Jane, and was recorded as Emma J Sackett, aged 17 and born in Margate.6
In 1881 she was living at Quex Farm House, Minster Road, Birchington, KentG, in the household of her husband Thomas Willett, aged 36, a farmer of 180 acres, employing ten men and two boys, and was recorded as Emma T Willett, aged 36, and born in Northdown, Margate. Living with Thomas and Emma were their children, Henry, 15, Emmeline, 5, and Frederic, aged seven. Also in the household was an unmarried female general servant.7
Children of Emma Talbot Sackett and Thomas Willett
|Sackett line||7th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Mar qtr 1845. Sackett, Emma Talbot. Mother: Stone. Thanet. 05:495."
- Baptisms Register, St John the Baptist, Thanet, Kent, "27 July 1845 Emma Talbot d. Henry & Jane Sackett, Northdown, yeoman."
- Marriages Register, Holy Trinity, Margate, Kent, "22 June 1865 Thomas Willett, 20, bachelor, farmer, of Margate, & Emma Talbot Sackett, 20, spinster, of Margate, [both signed]. By licence. Witnesses: Henry Sackett, Mary Jane Sackett, William Willett, Eliza Willett Thomas."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Jun qtr 1865. Sackett, Emma Talbot. Thanet."
- 1851 Census for England & Wales, 2 West Northdown, Margate, Kent
Henry Sackett, head, married, 36, farmer; 100 acres, 6 labs., b. Kent, Margate
Jane Sackett, wife, 39, b. Kent, Margate
Mary J. Sackett, dau, 13, scholar, b. Kent, Margate
Elizabeth Sackett, dau, 11, scholar, b. Kent, Margate
Emma T. Sackett, dau, 6, scholar, b. Kent, Margate
James Johnson, serv., unmarried, 30, ag. lab., b. Kent, Birchington
William Powell, serv., unmarried, 21, ag. lab., b. Kent, St. Peters
Joseph Robin, serv., unmarried, 15, ag. lab., b. Kent, Margate
- 1861 Census for England & Wales, RG9/?
Farm House, St John's, Margate, Kent
Henry Sackett, head, married, 44, farmer, 104 acres, 7 men, b. Margate
Jane Sackett, wife, 47, b. Margate
Mary Jane Sackett, dau, 22, b. Margate
Elizabeth Sackett, dau, 19, b. Margate
Emma J Sackett, dau, 17, b. Margate.
- 1881 Census for England & Wales, FHL 1341233 PRO RG11/0983/97
Quex Farm Hse, Minster Road, Birchington, Kent
Thomas Willett, head, married, 36, b. Margate, Kent, farmer of 180 acres, employing 10 men & 2 boys
Emma T Willett, wife, 36, b. Northdown, Margate
Henry T Willett, son, 15, b. Northdown, scholar
Emmeline Willett, dau, 5, b. Northdown, scholar
Frederic Willett, son, 7, b. Northdown, scholar
Ellen Setterfield, other, unm., 18, b. Acol, Kent, general servant.
|Last Edited||26 November 2016|